Boys text, but don't call, why?

So me and this boy have been texting back and forth but he never calls why?

Most Helpful Girl

• To text is to be more clear! Meaning you don't have to say can you hear me now kind of thing! lol But I love to hear a voice. : )

What Guys Said 4

• a few times I've called girls I'm texting with and they screen the call and right away text me and say "haha I like texting WAYYY better" - our generation is socially retarded, we are basically going back to the days of the telegraph

• i hate talking on the phone. Plus 90% of them time when I'm txting it would be interupting what I was doing if I called

• Talking on the phone sucks.

• Shyness,

Awkwardness,

Stoned...

What Girls Said 5

• Texting gets rid of the silent pauses in between conversations that creates a sense of awkwardness. Texting gives you a chance to clearly express your thoughts as good as you can because once you say something over the phone you can't backspace. Texting helps you multitask and get things done and texting also can help the guy gather up enough courage to make comments and ask questions he normally wouldn't. Its just more convenient.

• im in your position, this boy always texts me but he never calls, I think its because some boys show more affection than others and he may not want to say what he does via text to on the phone. he may either be shy or embarrased to say on the phone. you should try calling him and see what he reacts with.

• Some people are more comfortable texting then talking. Sounds like he's one of those types

• I hate talking on the phone! I text everyone except for my mother - she doesn't text. When I get home from working in an office the last thing I want to do is be talking on the phone. With texting I can be getting stuff doen & still keep in touch

• do you ever call?