If you had to raise a child, and you could only choose between being extremely strict...

and being a huge push over, which one would you choose?

And no, you can't say "somewhere in between" x)

what is strict had to involve abusing them physically?
IF*
I wanted to see what people would choose with that ultimatum.

RELAX.

Most Helpful Girl

• Huge pushover, two of my friends come from a strict household like a really strict household. They have the sikest minds I have ever seen anyone have because they can't really do anything or get out of the house. I don't want my kids ever going against me, I could never see me as a super strict person at all. My friend literally wants to kill herself and her mom because of so much strictness. I would want to rasie my child to where he is free and led by examples of what I do. Anyways peoples behaviors come from childhood and the exampls of their family members so if I act kind,generous, not foul language around him/her then they will learn by themselves freely. My stepdad even since he was 4 had a laid back family who let him have his own independence, and he is one of the happiest people I know. Same for me I have and had so much freedom ever since I was a little girl but knew my surroundings, I'm a happy person who experiances so much freedom that I don't do anything that my parents would be dissappointed of. If someone had to stay in their room all day and not get to have any freedom, they begin to have a huge curiousity and will do things to really go against their parents.

• also I could NEVER abuse a child at all, that would really just break my heart knowing that my father was severly abused and put in the hospital because his father was super strict. My dad is 59 and still has scars till this day.This is another reason why I can't see myself as extremely strict, its not in my nature.

What Guys Said 5

• oh, strict for sure. that's a no brainer. Unless you want a brat child that controls you, haha

• @ update: your asking a stupid question. Every choice we make there's always "inbetween the lines"

• *sigh* your completely right

• o_O

i don't even know if you're being sarcastic.

• Extremely strict. To be a pushover would be very unfair to the child, as it would prevent him/her from ever reaching real adulthood. I would rather do my job as a parent and have my kid hate me than, mollycoddle them and ruin their life, just to appease my own conscience.

• Strict.

• strict, atleadt he/she will have morals and ethics

• Extremely strict!

What Girls Said 7

• Extremely strict, unless that equals physical abuse. If that's the case, huge pushover. I'm barely capable of hurting people, I swear.

• I would say being a huge push over, simply because the kid won't grow to hate/resent you when their older.

• I would really be a strict parent, id lock doors inside and out and put bars on windows in case they would want to sneak out, pass code inside the house.

• Strict ;p

• extremely strict.

• extremely strict. it's for their own good

• Extremely strict. Kids that have push over parents grow up not knowing how to treat others or follow rules.

• I would never abuse my child. I think people that hit kids are weak and have no self control.