Does the religion of the person you are dating matter, and what is your religion?

What religions would you date and what is out of the question?

Does it matter what the religion of the person you are dating is*

shut up I just crawled out of bed

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Unitarian Universalist. We don't have any set beliefs. The only thing you need to be a UU is an open mind, an accepting mind and to be kind and good. Our big thing is that we believe each person has a right to their own journey to discover their own truth. Not every one should have the same beliefs and it's the journey the founding of your own beliefs that's the important thing.

So no, it doesn't matter what religion my partner is, or what they believe. All that matters it that they accept me and my beliefs and don't make fun of me, or other people for believing different things. They need to be as accepting and open minded as I am... or at least close.

What Girls Said 4

• Im a christian and I respect other religion.Everyone have their own belief and some choose to be an atheist.I have no hate towards other people religion..Everyone have to respect each other belief.To answer your question I would have to say yes I date only christian guy but it doesn't mean I won't make good friends with guys from other religion.

• I'm an atheist and I would probably only date someone who is an atheist or agnostic.

• I'm Catholic so yes, it matters

• Christian, would date any other person except for Evangelics.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm an atheist and I'd really prefer to date someone who is too. Luckily there really aren't that many young believers here anymore.

• I prefer to date a Christian. Specifically LDS (aka Mormon), considering that's my religion. But Since I'm pretty young, religion is much less important to me when it comes to dating. As I get older and start looking for a spouse, this will probably change. I would date a christian, buddhist, agnostic, atheist or any other theology/religion. Just don't debate religion too much to me, that would just annoy me. And certainly don't tell me that my life choices are wrong or are sending me to hell.

The one problem I have is if someone has changed their views recently. Such as being raised religious and then deciding they are atheist, agnostic or changing from a christian denomination to buddhism or shinto or another plualistic (I think that's the right word) religion. To me that signals they are unstable and not suitable to date. People like this tend to have other signs of instability as well. It's not my only consideration, but it is important to me.

• I would think twice of dating a very religious person. My religion is Pastafarianism.

• I'm a Catholic but I respect the beliefs of others.

• I am not a religious person but I don't really have a preference for the religion of a girl I would date. All I would ask is that if she were religious she would not press her beliefs on me - don't ask/expect me to go to church or pray or anything like that. The last girl I dated was a Christian and she was always asking me to go to church with her and anytime I would decline she got upset with me. That relationship didn't last long.

• If they could respect my views on things and not try to force their views on me then yes I could date them otherwise no

• Im Muslim and I would prefer to date another Muslim or a Jewish girl. If it happens with someone else it happens but Christian is as far as I'm willing to go. And by date I mean potential for a more serious relationship, I don't mind. Can't date Atheists though

• lol, interesting.

• could be interesting but its true, and I'm only talking about relationships with girls. I have friends from all kinds of religions and I respect their beliefs