Is online dating cheating?

Hi,

My boyfriend of two years has been acting really off over last few months and I started wondering why? We met through an online dating site and both cancelled our profiles after we got serious, however about a year into our relationship I saw he had been looking at other online dating sites for which he still had profiles, I confronted him and he said he had a few profiles and was in process of cancelling ones he had "forgot" about. I gave him the benefit of the doubt until recently when he started acting weird and not being so available to see me. So I did I bit of poking online and found out he still has active profiles, worse still he is using them. I know this is bad but I set up a fake account and emailed him and he messaged back wanting to meet up for sex, I've emailed him back a few times to hear what he would say and he's he is all for it. I'm totally heartbroken because I love him so much and now I don't know what to do, I know deep down I have to call it a day but how can I tell him I tricked him? Any advise on what I should do? Is this forgivable? I just don't know if I can trust him now, what else is he lying to me about ...

What Guys Said 1

• Well, Personally I've done this exact thing in previous relationships,

And needless to say it was because I was bored, wanting excitement, wasn't ready to commit, but didn't want to be alone.

Yes it's a form of cheating in my eyes but it's opinion based really.

but the fact you went behind his back and " baited " him, doesn't help your case either, but he should of said " no, go away "

I have a profile active, but mine clearly states NOT single, and JUST FRIENDS.

and his should of aswell if possible.

Forgiveable wise? it's down to you, and how serious you feel it is.

he may of said " yeah I'll meet you for sex " but he might chicken out when he realizes what he has with you, and that's better then nothing..

But it's really down to you on this one, and how you feel.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm so sorry... That's cheating. I would dump him and never look back. I wouldn't have tricked him in the first place, but if I did, I would just tell him and not care about him being mad about it, because he's clearly not worthy of my respect anyway.