If you have a best friend of the opposite gender... why are you not dating?

I guess they say our mates should be our best friends so besides perhaps lack of attraction what other reasons are you guys not together?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a really good friend in high school that was an amazing friend, but he had the worst sense of humor (offensive) and every once in a while I could laugh politely but if I were a girlfriend I would pick a fight. I had another really good friend in high school at is an amazing guy, but every five minutes he is lusting after a new girl. Then I had a really close friend that I worked with who was incredibly charming, but I didn't have the guts to ask him out... besides there is no need for drama in the work place. Then there was a wonderful man I worked with in Chicago that was an amazing friend, but in relationships he became vain, demanding, critical, quick to anger, selfish, arrogant, and rude. There was another guy that I was really good friends with that had a horrible drinking problem that he would not (or could not) fix, and as a friend I could be really supportive from the sidelines, but as a girlfriend I would become too pushy and naggy and I didn't want to turn into the woman (especially when I didn't think it would change his behavior anyway).

Some people really are just better off as friends.

What Guys Said 6

• My best female friend is funny, career oriented and is very caring.

However, she's loud, smokes weed and cigs, and becomes a total B1tch a few times a year.

Not datable for me.

• Good question, I don't know...

• She is married so not an option.

• she was my best friend when I was dating my ex, may be that's why I never thought of dating her

• Reason is I am shy - so I don't make female friends- so no point in dating .

• I would think lack of physical attraction/chemistry is the biggest reason. Yes, your life partner should be your best friend but you should also be attracted to them.

What Girls Said 1

• Lack of physical attraction and no romantic feelings are the main reasons for me. I love him to death but just not in the same way. Plus, we may be compatible as friends, but we wouldn't be happy in a relationship.