Have you ever dated someone half your age? Pros? Cons?

Yup,I'm about to do something I said I'd never do--date someone half my age. I'm 40,he's..28. To be fair,I don't look 40-which prompted him to contact me(dating site). Now I don't normally talk to guys who are way younger than me yet I talked to him and continued to do so. He's grown on me.

Am I crazy? Should I look for someone my age or just go for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, he is not half your age, though I agree he is much younger.

I have dated men much younger than me. My first boyfriend after my divorce was 29 and I was 42 when we met. My fiance is 32 and I am now 48. I dated a few guys in between who were younger to much younger. Here is my experience:

1. Are there life milestones that he has not met yet, that you are past. Big one: kids. If you are done having kids and he has none, well at some point that could be a real big problem. My fiance has children already, my ex-boyfriend did not want kids and it was obvious he was not a kid person. He has had a vasectomy since the end of our relationship. Other than that, I would have been concerned.

2. How is his career and yours? If he is still trying to figure out what he wants to do and you are already set and on your way, all sorts of problems can ensue. One would be money issues. I have been through that, dating someone who did not have money and wanting to even help them out. A certain amount of men do not want their woman to help them out, it emasculates them. I would worry about this, but maintain awareness about this.

3. Overall just be aware that some younger men are intrigued in older women from a casual sexual perspective but not seriously considering you for a relationship. There is a lot of b.s. marketing out there for "Cougar" websites and biz's that say older women don't want anything from a younger guy other than sex. So, hey if that is all you want, enjoy, but if you want more than that, I would definitely keep sex out of the mix until you have a connection and are ready for a relationship.

• Yeah..he doesn't have kids,but is OK with me having them. He's never been married-but is on the attractive side. He asked if I'm looking for a relationship-to which I said yes,so we'll see.

Thanks for your input:)

• Thanks for best answer.

• yw:)

What Guys Said 6

• I'd say try it. Why not? Ashton kutcher dated Demi Moore.

• nope, I'm not a pedo lol

• i plan on dating women half my age when I hit the age of 40 so I don't have a problem with it.

• Oh you're going to love the 40's they're awesome!(so far).

• 9 year olds no thank you

• I'm 28 and I would date someone up to 40 years old, but no younger than 25.

• When I was 4 I dated all the 2 year old chicks. it was great.

What Girls Said 4

• Have you ever dated someone half your age? No I don't date younger because there's no power advantage for me and younger guys are a turn off to me. Besides half my age would make him ten...

Should I look for someone my age or just go for it? Go for it but accept that he's most likely not looking for something serious. Most guys would date older but when it's time to settle down most want a younger woman.

• Oh he's looking for a relationship. Or so he says. We'll see.

• GO FOR IT

yep.

for real, girlie.

• I'm 18. That would be a VERY BAD idea, lol. I'm not a paedo. The answer is no.

• I'm practically your dad's age. Date me? :-D

• Yeah her parents had her when they were children. No wonder she's so weird. hahaaa

• Ha ha ha, very funny. Excuse moi while I roll over the floor laughing my ass off.

• No. That would make him 10. I rarely ever find pre-pubescent boys to be attractive in that way. Probably because I'm not a pedophile. Ladeeda.

btw, YTIMH.