Is Anyone Sick Of Dating Rules??

I am! "Don't ask a guy for his #, wait till he ask for yours" "don't text/call him 1st " These are just some of the common & simple ones, but they're TONS more & we ALL know a lot of them. I'm gonna try my own approach & it involves no freaking rules! lol. I'm just gonna do what I want. I'm gonna date as many guys as I want (2 keep an open mind & not get attach so easily) is my "no rule" thing gonna be like a fail? or should I just continue with the rules? oh and what's the dating rule you hate the most?

• YES! I am tired of dating rules. I don't follow them
  • NO! I like the rules and I follow them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sick of dating in general. It's all a big game. No one cares about you the person anymore either, it's only about how you look or what you drive or what you make for income. It's kind of sad. My parents straight up married for love and my dad got good looking and mom got "old lady" like, and he doesn't care! If you're nice to a girl its boring, if you're mean to a girl you are a jerk. Yes means no, no means yes. I can't stand the mind games either. But no contact in a break up is the worst ever. Closure is so important to have and when ya don't it's what hurts the most.

• yes! I hate the mind games too. like, if you don't like someone or have no interest in taking them seriously, why string them along

• = (

I hope you learn from this.

• Oh I did. Karma will get her someday.

What Guys Said 5

• There's some substance to having certain guidelines in place, but I agree that more often all they serve to do is make well-meaning people second-guess their every move, instead of just going with the flow and seeing how things proceed.

• voted a

• I need an option C. No and I don't follow them.

• option C : sometimes I follow the rules, sometimes I follow my emotions

I guess? lol

• haha I just go with what I want to do. I don't care about some made up rules. Girls should do the same.

• totally agreeee! :)

• Yeah screw that just be you!

• yeah I hate how us guys always have to initiate everything

What Girls Said 4

• Is Anyone Sick Of Dating Rules? Not me then again I don't get sick of anything.

is my "no rule" thing gona be like a fail? Possibly

or should I just continue with the rules? No there's not much point in continuing to do something you're sick of if it doesn't greatly benefit you

oh and what's the dating rule you hate the most? I don't do hate except in certain cases. I do dislike the be nice rule for girls.

• " No there's not much point in continuing to do something you're sick of if it doesn't greatly beenfit you" GOOD POINT.

I hate the be nice rule too. I'm a sweetheart, but @ the same time I don't accept BS. That's why I'm always the one doing the dumping but that's not fun either..nothing 2 b happy about lol

• The rules are total BS!I say do what feesl right at the time and never regret anything that once made you smile

• I agree that the rules can be annoying but they are there for a reason: to prevent heartbreak.

• I like dating rules because they actually are not rules, they are social guidelines to avoid certain pitfalls. I think it is more important to understand what the "rule" is about and why it even exists and then use that knowledge to make the best choices for yourself.

I learned a lot from hearing certain rules. I am an assertive woman and could as easily ask a guy out for a date and afford to take care of him as he could take care of me. By hearing some rules around that, I recognized why I was ending up with guys that I had no chemistry with. I was attracting passive men, men who wanted to use me for my money or wanted me to take care of them and their lives. Not what I was looking for. I had to realize by coming on strong and not recognizing that any guy I would be attracted to was as equally capable of calling me and taking me out, I was going to continue to end up with guys I had no interest in.

I have a friend who has asked for advice on how to do better with dating and we have given gentle hints, but she really hasn't taken them. She comes across as masculine and some people that don't know her well thinks she is a lesbian but she is not. She is also aggressive and approaches dating like she does a business meeting. Overall though I think she needs to just continue doing what she is doing because I don't see the point of misrepresenting herself, only to have the guy find out on date # 2 or #3 that she doesn't normally dress or act like she did on date #1.