Online dating and 19 year old, thoughts?

I'm 19 and I've joined an online dating site, is there anyone else my age who's done this? I I want to just meet new people and broaden my network! Is it weird to join one at my age?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is far far better to get face to face contact from start. To get to know new people in real world. Of course it is harder. And also more wort it.

But, if you prefer this way then, there is nothing weird on it. It's all right. Just keep in mind that you will probably find more desperate people there and only few worth while. And it might take a lot longer to find them. Also if you find somebody, try to get "offline" :) ass soon as possible. Of course safety first! But after that, get you two off web as soon as possible.

What Guys Said 2

• i was on them...actually I still am...

plenty of fish and okcupid

it seems a TON of 19 year olds do it...19-20 are the biggest crowd I see...must be a generation thing

ive met some cool girls on there, but I honestly prefer the old school way of meeting people...it has def opened me up to other people and I've gotten a bunch of numbers, I guess it all depends on how you feel about it

just be carefuly...if you want to meet with a guy make sure they send a picture they can't "upload" or something...example b4 you meet up say hey take a pic of yourself on your phone with 4 fingers up on your left hand...pretty hard to fake that right? just be careful, I can only imagine how different it is for girls than guys - or meet at a public place!

so in all, I guess it was cool to meet some new people, some are weird some are cool...but why not give it a shot, some people like it others dont...i don't mind it, kinda weird to me but it was cool to meet the people I did

• nope. I joined one at 17 to see what it was like. It's alright but I prefer to meet people in person

What Girls Said 3

• It's dangerous if you want to meet them in person,but it's not weird.

• i wouldn't think it's weird.

• I think online dating is incredibly stupid and it's for losers. Dating online can't compare to dating someone you can see face to face

• ... you realize online dating is just a place to meet someone. Once you meet then the plan is to meet face to face.. Or maybe I wrong and hence why I haven't found anyone.