Why are men afraid to date women they like?

I'm curious about why men are afraid to date women they admit to liking. I know that most women jump into relationships. They could know the guy for a week and already be dating him. But I notice with some men, they meet a guy and they admit that they like her a lot, that he is not looking for anyone else, that his eyes are only on her, BUT they are afraid to become girlfriend/boyfriend. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys can behave just like girls when it comes to dating. Some jump right into relationships while others may take a more cautious approach. Guys don't like to be hurt either, so some types are more prone to being cautious. It could be that a guy really likes a girl but he doesn't know if she feels the same/anything for him so he's scared because he thinks that if he asks her she'll say no and he will be crushed. Just having someone to like is better than knowing that she doesn't return his feelings. It all depends on the guy.

What Girls Said 1

• I like what the first guy said. To add to that, if you've been friends for a long time, it's hard to take it to the next level. You risk not only getting hurt if the other person doesn't feel the same way, but then the friendship could also end. I know I'm not a guy, but I am especially shy around guys I like and can only assume that happens to guys with girls they like. It's really difficult to put yourself out there when you care about how the other person will react.

What Guys Said 0