Has anyone tried dating sites?

I was thinking of trying a dating site to see what it is like. What is the best?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried craigslist before. I think that I got like 200 replies with one post. I wrote back and forth to at least 3 of the guys for a long time. Then I met up with 2 of them. I continued to hang out as friends with one of them. The other guy I dumped after he slept over twice and treated me like a little kid. It didn't work out because I then fell for an old classmate but we are still friends on Facebook and he was a good catch (in good shape, normal, smart, college educated, had a career etc.)

What Girls Said 1

• I met my boyfriend on plenty of fish believe it or not. It was awhile back that I was on it, but it's free. I met some really cool people who I still talk to occasionally. Be prepared to sift through a bunch of fake people and people looking to get laid though.

What Guys Said 5

• pof.com (plenty of fish)

okcupid.com (ok cupid)

i met some cool people on both, I don't know tho...i mean they were cool and I got some nubmers and met up with some girls and some worked, some didnt...i think I'm just old fashioned when it comes to meetin potential people to date

the only benefit of the sites is that you know that both parties are interested b4 the date...where as when your out you have to take a chance to introduce yourself to a girl because you aren't sure if she'd be interested or not...

i still like taking my chances better, I don't know it just feels more right?...some of the girls were not what they said they were...

• It's very rare to have success on dating sites. Lots of fake accounts and lots of competition (even more than your average pub, club, dark alleyway). But as they say you have to be in it to win it.

• It's kinda lame, I signed up to this one as a free trial and I used it for like 2 days. I got some weird messages, totally creepy.

• I tried espin but it costs money. Other than craigslist.There's a copule others match.com, plentyoffish.com,eharmony.com I've never been good at dating tho so I don't really use any of them.

• Dating sites work very well. There are tons of people on there (varying by area), and I have had several significant relationships (several which turned into great friendships as well). Match.com is very good, and so is okcupid (and that one is free). Give them a try, and especially with okcupid, there is nothing to lose since it is free!

• yeah but id never pay for someone to help me "meet" my significant other...doesn't seem right

• I mean, I can understand that way of looking at it. But in reality you aren't paying anyone to help you meet someone, you are just paying to "get into" a forum where there are other people to approach. No different than paying a cover at a bar or club, or paying to go do some activity where there is a chance of meeting someone. And then okcupid is free, so you aren't paying for anything at all with that one.