He gets mad because I don't pay when we go on dates....

BUT I DO pay for other things. I've paid for our lunch, I've paid for our drinks when we went out, I even paid for his groceries and cooked the food for him when I stayed the night with him. When it comes to going on dates, I just don't feel feminine when I have to pay. I know it sounds harsh, but it's the truth. I don't have a problem with one day treating him to a nice dinner, but I want to do it when when I want and not just because he tells me to. .Is this being unfair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not good. If he feels like he's putting too much money into your relationship (i.e. going on dates and him having to pay for everything) he's an ass. If you think you don't have to pay for dates because you pay for everything else then I think that's a little unbalanced as well. SHARE - that's your only solution. Compromise as well. But honestly, my partner & I has never had this issue. He always offers to pay when we go out but because I earn about as much as him I offer to about half the time we do, it's fair and come on it's not practical to always make him pay. We don't live together and he has a place to himself and whenever we go out grocery shopping it's just a matter of who has the most stuff in the trolley (I know, it's a bit dumb lol but it works).

What Guys Said 3

• Damn. He should really get over it. The fact that you paid for anything is worth noting.

I always paid the way UNLESS my girlfriend/fiancée offered. And now that we're married with pooled resources, it no longer is an issue.

• Well, it seems like you're pulling your load, so it is a bit unfair of him to ask that.

• you're fine, he just sounds like a deadbeat expecting you to pay.. if I didn't have money, we'd just stay in and find something to do that was free, I wouldn't make a girl pay for it

What Girls Said 4

• Not at all. Try sharing, with you paying infrequently but always buying drinks and him covering dates.

• But sometimes he buys drinks too? and the groceries?and cooks food for you both?

Then you are being a bit unfair, you are asking him to pay for dinner because it doesn't make you feel feminine? So I'm guessing your one of those girls who wants to marry a guy who will pay for you the rest of your life? Yeah I'm pretty sure its unfair.

• Please read it again. He doesn't pay for that stuff, I do. He pays when we go to the movies or go to dinner. All the other things that I mentioned, I pay for.

• But do you Always pay for that stuff?

• I think you should pay your part when you go on dates whether it feels feminine or not! Or take turns to who is paying!There's no way id make a guy pay for every date we go on without paying my part... its selfish! Even if you do pay for groceries and drinks, when yous go on dates its a date for him too so it should just be you whos being treated !

• shouldnt just be you ***

• I think he's very rude, materialistic and immature.