I really hate trying to date, and meeting women. Is there something wrong with me?

After so many failed attempts and embarrassing moments with females, I've given up. I've been single now for 15 years. Since then I've gotten lonely sometimes to the point where I would try to talk to women. But it always ended up horrible with them insulting me or screwing me over in some way. Then when you stand up for yourself and call them out for being an asshole they always turn you into the bad guy. How dare you every speak poorly of a woman. I really hate the fact that women and I can't get along. Since my last family member died last year, I have no one left to talk to. All of my male friends have married and are starting families. I talk to none of them now. Meeting new people seems to be impossible at my age. Most seem to be drunks or druggies, if you go to a book store or library they act as if you are trying to rob them. I would just like to know what is wrong with me. Why was it so much easier for my friends to get married and hang on to their families while I've lost everything and there is no way of getting it back?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm so sorry to hear about your family, as for your problem, you have to understand that life does not always throw your favorite "candy" at you for free. there will be the roughs, the tough and the softs. you just need to know how to work your way through the hard stages.

i can guarantee you that the right woman will come by soon. just hang in there.

it may comfort you to know that somepeople have this great "get alone with everyone" gift while some have to work their way to get having that gift. that's just how life is.

and there is nothing wrong with you... cheer up :)

you should try changing something you do that you always do to repel the girls. try something new.

and talk to your married friends. if they are real friends, the will understand. and they are the best people to talk to because the got their wives, and they know how to keep them. asking for tips will not take anything from you. just try it, I'm sure you will get something to help you.

gud luck

please do not stop trying. and don't turn gay either.

What Girls Said 6

• there is nothing wrong if you choose to be single and not to date anyone. maybe you just don't find yet the women who will catch your attention, interest and whom you gonna end up loving. maybe you're just unconsciously worried as you are starting to be in a reality that you're alone and you're friends have their own families. of course you know that they need space and privacy and cannot just go in their place and hang-out whenever you want. World is too big that you could explore. you can go to gym or just do things that you will be enjoyed. don't be afraid to open yourself to other people and open the possibility that not all could understand you and accept you for who you are. who cares, right? just wish you the luck and happiness

• I'm trying to get with a guy that believes the same about all women. I'm scared for him because I'm really into him and won't break his heart, won't take him down a bad path, and just want his heart. But he is so hurt and so convinced that all women are creatures from satan. It's like you both are trying to punish women, no matter who they seem to be, about the past. Just learn to let go of your sediments and truly start living, you are lonely because you are being a little resentful, but let it go and start to truly live.

There are many types of women out there, you need to just pick the right ones, and sometimes it isn't the pretty girls, or the most available girls that are going to be satisfying to you. That's why I can empathize with you, because mean girls should be sent to the moon so us nice "broads" can have a chance at MAKING YOU HAPPY.

• i have a friend similar she's late 20s and I think always single, she is really nice and friendly but never hooks up with guys or they just don't approach her I don't know why.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you, because she is def normal.

I think the world works in different ways for different people.

• nothing wrong with being single. but when you have found the one , it will work out and be happy. so don't worry, keep trying or take a break. I took a break for 2 years and it helped me grow

• i hate it too. but I'm not ready to give up. I've been single for 7 years now. sux.

• please, meet women in the right places. don't be so sensitive , yes some women will be juvenile and call you names when they get mad ( matter of fact most will). Avoid those women, and don't let them make you feel like the bad guy. Its how women are. Just like some men will try everything they can to get the panty drawls.

What Guys Said 5

• You know, I read a story somewhere about people who were in similar situations as you.

A women was around her mid 30's and had always been single. She mentioned that she's dated and had things here and there but never really anything serious. However, when she was telling the pychologist, she also said that she was very comfortable with being single.

This story was in a hynologist book written by a doctor. Long story short, she finally found someone that she truly loved and cared which lead to marriage.

Moral of the story is that it's a gut feeling that you get for someone. You'll hear a lot of people say the cliche "you'll just know." If you havn't felt that then that's fine, just live your life until you do.

The man in the story had the exact story of being single. Two very normal people who stayed single late into their 30's before getting into relationships.

I don't know if there was any advice in there but don't feel bad for being single.

• You still have time! Try joining clubs for people with similar interests, or singles hiking clubs and the like. Yes it's hard once you're past the high school sweetheart stage, but not impossible!

• Look for beauty, not attractiveness

Don't pick the queen of diamonds, she'll beat you if she's able

The queen of hearts is always your best bet - "desperado by the eagles"

BUT if you really must explore women.

Make a kot of guy friends.stay away from girls for a while. Once you have a nice group, approach women with your group.

It demonstrates value, it shows that you are the leader of your group or you are affilliated with the leader of your group, and if you get some girlies to tag along it shows that you guys are preselected by women.

all those are necessary for preliminary attraction

• Maybe go someplace where the women are not so hostile..France, or Japan. Our women pretty much belong to the Rockefellers and the like, of course, and take it out on us when those men treat them badly...

• i'm with you dude, women have it so much easier.