Should I go on another date?

I went on an introductory date with this girl (by that I mean that it was just lunch nothing special) and I can't decide if I should ask her out again so I need an outside opinion? I should start out by saying that I met her online so I knew only a limited amount about her from the few emails and texts we exchanged. Anyways she was pretty, nice, and we have things in common but when we met up she probably talked non stop for 45 min out of the hr and didn't really seem too inquizitive about me. Also we live about an hr and half apart and I'm not sure if I can do a long distance relationship again. By that I mean I dated a girl for two and half years in a long distance relationship and when she broke up with me I swore off doing it again. Problem with long distance relationships is that it takes all your weekends, you can't be spontaneous, your spending too much time traveling, and I like the idea of being able to see the girl I'm dating during the week; not just during the weekend. So I don't know if I can handle it. Finally, I'm tired of being alone and I'm worried that if I don't try another date I could be passing a chance to not be lonely again. So any outside thoughts would be great?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like her see her again,if you don't think you can handle being in a long distance relationship then don't ask her out again,because you don't want to stuff her around and I know you may be lonely,but don't be with someone just because your lonely,be with them because you like them and because you want to be with them.And just because your last relationship didn't work out,doesn't mean this one won't.She may have been nervous the first time you saw her,I even do that when I'm nervous,I talk a lot.Some people stay quiet or talk a lot and also do it to avoid awkward silences.Have you only hung out once?

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't want to make the trips to go see her and she doesn't have that much interest in your desires, then I wouldn't take the time out of your day to go see her. If she listened to what you had to say and cared meaning you guys each gave each other the time to get to know one another then sure go for the trip. If you're not sure if she'll make the choice to keep in touch, then I wouldn't bother unless she makes the move to contact you. I'd try sticking with someone close by so you wouldn't have to spend the money on gas. Hopefully everything will work out and she'll accept you or you'll find someone closer to you. Good luck!

• Hm... I see your point on the long distance thing, however, it is better that being lonely in my account.

The thing about her talking so much did scare me, and for that I would say no, but the way you wrote the last part makes me think a second date wouldn't hurt.

My opinion, ask her out on a second date, if she talks your ear off again then I wouldn't do a third, especially if she's not that inquisitive about you. Maybe she was just nervous, we do that sometimes. A girl gots to listen to her man too though, so yeah, just worry about that, anything else surfaces feel free to ask me :)

P.S. could you answer mine? :)

What Guys Said 1

• Well you had some bad experiences with long distance but I'd say give her another chance. This time make her understand that's it's OK to be nervous. Ask her certain questions about herself that kind of leave an open door for her to ask you the same (ie. what is she looking in a guy?). If she shows some reciprocity and intrest in you kiss her and let her that you like her and tell her about the distance situation. You want to make sure that she's really into you until you commit to drive and pay gas money.

Best of luck!