What does it mean when a man winks at you out of nowhere?

In my experience, all guys that wink have turned out to be jerks later on. In general, is this true or is it just my experience? I just don't want to date a jerk if it can be avoided

Most Helpful Guy

• With our generation its a half joke. It means he likes you but is trying to break the ice and be goofy. If the guy is over 50 he actualy thinks this is cool and is a creep. Stay away.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's creepy. Some guy winked at me the other day and I just rolled my eyes at him. I personally don't like it because if you don't even know me and you wink at me, ugh.IDK it rubs me the wrong way.

• Hmmm I don't think that alone would make him a jerk. I know guys who wink at me, it doesn't really mean much, they mostly wink when they see me and say hi or something. Maybe they're just trying to hint that they like you

• I think that winking is just plain creepy.

• its your experiences I guess.

winking is not jerky at all, and I think he wanted to show he likes you just a subtle hint, not more.