Online dating

Has anyone had a good experience with online dating? I am female and have met guys who are rudely just out looking for a one night stand, a guy who tried to have relationship and lied about being married and another guy with psychological issues/tending to be emotional/verbally abusive.

What sites are better than others?

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating sites are still better than clubs and bars but they definitely have their share of weirdos and jerks. I'll admit, a few of my friends have created accounts just to meet more women with no intention of making a commitment. I used Match.com a few years ago and I went out with a few girls I met. But we didn't click as well as I was hoping or expecting. We had a lot to talk about for sure but there was no spark for me or them. But an added benefit of joining several online dating sites is to actually meet new friends and then their friends of friends. I stayed friends with 2 of the girls I met online and then actually dated a friend of hers that I met at a party.

Don't get your hopes up to meet someone within like 48 hours or whatever and keep your guard up for "trolls" but otherwise, it's a good way to get out there. Better than bar hopping for sure.

What Guys Said 3

• I myself had 3 not so good experiences with online dating, I don't wish to go into details but I don't think it's something I wanna try again. However I have made many online friends in the process!

• it is my greatest dream to find a loving and caring female on online chat

• You're going to meet those guys every where you look. Has nothing to do with online.

What Girls Said 4

• I did the online thing. I fell hard for this one guy and I'm still in love with him. We were together for three years and it was wonderful, but we recently separated due to some issues with school. I say go for it.

• I have been doing the on line dating thing off an on for about 8 years (God that sounds sad). I did have two long term relationships via the net. What I have found is that about 7 out of 10 guys are just looking for sex. The other 3 are looking for a mate. Really read the profile for what it DOESN'T say. Personally I avoid the separated ones, the too wordy ones and the ones that give ANY reference at all to sex. They are out there sweetie.trust me. Don't get discouraged. Good Luck!

• By the way... DO NOT waste your money on EHARM*NY (don't know if I'm allowed to blast it straight). I paid $120 for 3 months - they don't let you look at the photo's/profiles before you subscribe... I shut mine down after 1 week. They try to match you with people 100+ miles away... and after about 30 matches.. I didn't see 1 guy I would want to be seen in public with!!! Not trying to be shallow... but OMG... it was bad! Total waste of money.

• I have to disagree with you about EHarmony.You can set those preference, so if you were getting guys that far way, it's because you didn't fix your preferences. I was on that site, and found it quite alright. I met someone on there, and it was crazy how similar we were, unfortunately there was not physical chemistry. But don't that was just my experience.

• Well I have been in 2 online relationships.one for 5years this one is going on two years,but I'm a lesbian you see, so it might work better for woman dating woman lol...hmmm have you tried aol chatrooms or phone chats like the lavolife or tele personals?

• it's not about meeting online or offline, it's about the people, so why not have a try? agegapcupid (dot) com join to start dating , xx