Should I text him or should I wait?

I met this guy and we have been talking and exchanging text messages. We have gone on two dates which on the second date we kissed and that's it.We had planned to go out again this coming week on our third date. Now the thing is that he hasn't text me since Friday afternoon and I think its because he had asked me a sexual question that I felt uncomfortable answering so I just told him No I wasn't going to do that. so my question is should I wait until he texts me since its only been a day. I was planning to text him tomorrow which is Monday but I don't know if I should?I need some advice thnxs

he text me today asking me if I didn't love him anymore awww because I hadn't text him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd text him first. Maybe not right now, but whenever.
    He maybe feels like he's offended you - over stepped some mark that he shouldn't - and is thus nervous about approaching you again. By texting him, you have nothing to lose really, it'll confirm with him that whilst you didn't appreciate what he said - you're still interested, and well ... if he's lost interest because of it - which I doubt - but could be true - you'll find out too.
    It saves silly little who should contact who games.

If you want to see him again, and its already slightly arranged for another date - don't ruin it over one mix up and some stupid 'rules' about who should text who first. It's silly.

What Guys Said 11

• How the hell is anyone supposed to answer this in any meaningful way? Just do whatever you bloody feel like.

• just text him and say "What's up" like nothing ever happened. there is nothing wrong with no putting out or not answering a question like that, I personally would like that in a girl. However I also don't like girls who want me to figure them out, because there is no fun in that. Just like nothing happened and message him, don't make a big deal about it and don't bring it up unless he does it and also don't be so on his face trying to look friendly and interested as that might be annying. Just relax and be easy.

• He actually already knows the type of person I am, so that's why I'm kinda put of by what he said to me it seems like he only wants sex.

• don't assume anything, he might want have sex with you...so what? Men want to have sex with women they find attractive, it doesn't mean he doesn't want a relationship either. That is why I said act like nothing happens, if he doesn't seem to want to go out more, or take care of you, or do things that typical boyfriends do, then forget it.

• Just tell him that you DO swallow and he'll start talking to you again.

I'd do the same thing as him. If you're going to ask stuck up or silly about simple questions then it's better for the guy to move on. Trust me there are plenty of girls who are open and don't get offended by every little thing.

Seems like you really turned him off by what you did. And it's typical of girls to do that but you're actually sending the wrong message.

• Im not being stuck up I just don't want him to get the wrong impression.

• um, when is the third date? what day did you guys plan? or was this just a "lets hang out next week" kinda soft deal?

just text him saying "when do you wanna hang out?"

thats it really.

i agree with one of the girls said, that question you answered probably made him feel like he spooked you away so maybe you should give him a little reassurance by forgetting about it by texting him. if he doesn't text you back, then...thats a whole another story, lol.

• well he wanted to go out over the weekend but I had plans already,

he just told me to let him know when.

• This question has been asked thousand times already!

Why do you people even THINK such stupid ''waiting rules'' ever really apply?

• If you want to text him do it. I don't understand why you're asking this.

• Don't text him back if he seems to be upset because of sexual question.

• Just wait and see what's gonna be!Because time can tell you everything!Take care!

• Wow. Needy. and you didn't put out. Game over

• He's smart. I don't know if exactly this guy said to you (you should post it...GAG is anonymous). But my guess he is just being st8 up about not being a "friend" and/or he's just thinking with his d***. Either way at least you know where he stands. Successful guys know how to avoid the friend zone.

But he know's better than to keep texting/calling you. Smart guys also know that too much attention KILLS sexual relationships and attraction.

I would wait 3-5 days. If you don't hear from him, text him once. It's okay to reciprocate initiative. It does not make you less attractive (unless you pester him). If he doesn't respond or says something inappropriate then move on.

Sounds like you def like him. He might be a decent guy who lets him mouth slip occasionally so he doesn't get labeled a nice guy.

• You say too much attention kills attraction? How often should you messaage a guy? Without him thinking it's too much and killing his attraction towards you.

• No I don't pester him since most of the time he is working, I let him text me first whenever he has time.

You know what I had told him he is a very nice guy and he is the total oopsite of what I thought he would be so maybe your right.

• don't tell him "he's a nice guy". You mean well, but coming from an ex nice guy...it's actually very insulting. When girl's called me a nice guy I used to think to myself "f***! well I just got friend zoned...not getting laid with this girl". I know that's not always true, but it's true often enough to make us paranoid. Safer words are "sweet" and "good". Stay away from calling him "nice"

• make him text first, if he really wants that third date you'll eventually hear from him. I'd say f*** the third date all together but not if you wanna keep his hopes alive on getting his d*** wet

What Girls Said 5

• If you want to text him, text him. People need to cut out this silly over-analyzing texts business.

• Text him Monday afternoon, if no response, forget about him,if he wants more then sex he will contact you eventually,and also have more respect for you.

• from my experience do what ever you want you know y bcoz if he really likes you it doesn't matter even some people have sex from the first date some of them last longer than people who wait to have sex for a long time. but I kno how you feel tho you jus need to make yourself feel better not make him feel better than yourself hope this help

• yes I'm not the type of person who will have sex on just a couple of dates I need to know what kind of person I'm going to get into first before making that decision.

• wait for him to text u

• told you so! :)