Is age just a number?

Hey guys so let me explain the details on what's going on. So I met this girl on a dating site and we hit it off immediately. She is super cute, funny, nice, etc. and on her profile it says she's 18 but later on the phone she tells me that she isn't actually 18 but that she is 15.

Ok so I'm 19 and she's 15 which puts her one year out of my age range but had she not even told me that she was 15 I would have assumed by the way she acted that she was 18. She says that part of the reason that she lies about her age is because she wants to date guys that are older and more mature. Surprisingly, I'm not too worried about her age. My parents are 4 years apart and there's nothing wrong about it. This means that if I were both 4 years older this would be acceptable, But according to the law she is basically jail bait for me.

So I want your guys' opinion. How should I go about this because I wouldn't mind dating her and I am also a believer of you are how you act and not so much your age. Please don't judge me as a person just help me out and tell me what you think about the situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not a good idea. She's already lied once, what's stopping her from doing so again. I was reading this book where a guy dates a young girl. He dumped her, she went crazy and showed her true age.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• If you were 34 and she were 30, it would be no big deal. However, the difference between 19 and 15 is huge. If it were my decision, I would pass on this girl and look for girls closer to my own age. However, it's not my decision; it's yours.

• Wait a year (or however long it is until her b'day) 'til she's 16 and then start dating her. Here in NSW, Australia the age of consent is 16+, so I see nothing wrong with people in other countries going by that, except sticking to local law and keep things on a non-sexual basis until the other party is of age.

• Guys 25 and younger will typically date anyone over 18. Guys over 25 I notice tend to date closer to their age, because of the maturity factor. My best friend dated a girl who was 22 and he is 27 and I warned him. She dumped him in 4 months.