Should I Date Him???

So he's really REALLY sweet. He tells me how beautiful I am and that I have a beautiful soul. He also writes poetry and he's really good at it.

The problem is that he's not good looking at all. I try not to judge people, but it's really hard not to.

It's not really his looks that bother me, it's what people would say. I already told some people about him liking me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you were truly attracted to his personality, his looks wouldn't be a factor. No matter what he looked like, if there was a real connection between the two of you, you would find him attractive. Instead you list out his assets like you're trying to convince yourself and the rest of us he'll be the perfect boyfriend. Why do you have to convince yourself? Shouldn't your feelings be enough?

I think you just like how he makes you feel - which has nothing to do with your feelings towards him. Don't convince yourself to give him a chance just because he boosts your ego - I believe he deserves a woman that truly appreciates everything about him. Would you be apprehensive to introduce him as your boyfriend? Does it matter what other people think?

Of course if he is in love with you - I'm sure he doesn't care. It's enough that you're with him, no matter the reason why. I just don't think it could last unless you care about him as much as he cares about you. Maybe with time you could.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• personally its up to you I would have the exact problem but on the other end of the line. I somehow landed a beautiful girl and never thought id have any chance with I knew I was over weight and not very clean cut I changed everything I did for her I shaved when ever I knew I was gonna see her and got nice hair cuts and went to the gym and lost 35 pounds to try to make her feel not so out of place and I think she likes me even more for doing that for her I'm not saying this guy will do that but I bet if he feels like that towards you he will do anything in his power to make you feel not so judgmental of that and will try and make you feel more comfortable. good luck and the choice is yours. :P

• lol shit well how often do guys come ur way writing you poetry and all that other stuff, yea he might not be the best looking guy but ugly or not he seems like a good guy so why not give him a chance

• Don't lead him on. If looks are all that important to you, let him know you aren't interested.

There is some other girl out there who wants him--give her a break.

What Girls Said 8

• Try to think - What would be if he never was in your life, never was your friends and never existed?

How will you feel, would you prefer to have him rather than not? Figure out what you really want and what are your feelings. He sounds like a VERY SWEET guy, but that is what he feels for you.

And if you think that you can be with him ONLY because he is that way to you - don't bother. Be careful - you can hurt his feelings by leading him on, when you actually don't feel anything (if you do like him than go for it).

You can spend time together in friendly atmosphere and see how it goes.

• Go for him! Guys like that don't come by often, so grab him while you can! You may not feel that he is good looking NOW, but later on you will see that gorgeous personality of his come into play, and show up glowing on the outside of him too. He's a beautiful person, you just can't see it 'til you give the boy a chance!

• go for it! I think that personality counts so much more than looks. its ultimately you're choice, but from the sound of this guy, based on your description, he sounds like a genuinely sweet guy. also, I find that guys that I don't necessarily consider cute, become more good looking the longer I know them, if they have a great personality, that overpowers the looks. what can you lose tho? give the guy a chance, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. good luck! :)

• Sometimes the less good looking guys are the best ones. They can't rely on their looks to get then everywhere in life so they are compassionate and very caring. Much more down to earth. I'd go for it. When you start to care for him you will look at his imperfections as cute. Say he has a big nose, once you start to care for him you will wonder how that beautiful nose ever looked bad to you.

• how would you feel if you liked someone really good looking and his friends called you ugly? wouldn't that be really mean? wouldn't it be meaner if he took those words into consideration and doesn't date you bcuz of what people say? it would hurt right? don't be that kinda person or at least don't lead him on =[

• Who cares what people say. If you were dating Brad Pitt and everyone said he was ugly would it bother you? No because you know he is beautiful. Sometimes people are wrong.

• I was in the exact same situation, hun. Really sweet guy, I liked him a lot, but he wasn't very well liked and I was really worried about what others would say. I really hate gossip and stuff. But, you know what, I simply said screw it. He is absolutely AMAZING, and I wouldn't take back my decision for the world. Sure, I got some criticism from my friends, but they backed off when they saw how happy I was. If you like him, don't let him slip by!

• Jjust follow your heart..if you like him you like him. Trust me the good looking ones are always bad news.