The guy should pay for the date, opinion?

Guys, when you go on a date, YOU are supposed to pay. It doesn't matter who asks who out or who has the most money. YOU PAY. Any guy who does not pay the whole thing is a selfish, cheap loser. You should pay for the privilege of being with us. I believe in equality and believe that men and women are equal, but I still believe the the guys should pay for the date, no matter what. Stop being selfish and pay up. If you can't afford to pay, you shouldn't ask someone on a date, nor accept their invitation to go on a date.

Most Helpful Guy

• then I guess I'm a selfish cheap loser. It's a recession either she's helping with the bill, or our date is gonna be at chucky cheese. Common Tradition my ass, I have money when I take a girl on a date, but I don't take anyone on a date. I take only my girlfriends on dates, if she isn't my girlfriend, then sorry, I wouldn't take her out some place and set myself up for hope of dating her then she runs off with some other guy the next week. I like stability and security before I make any type of decisions like that, especially when it regards to my wallet/life.

What Guys Said 12

• This is shallow and won't get you nowhere, because a bloke always likes a woman to offer, but he will always pay, but if you don't offer, then you won't get another date, and if what you say is really what you think, then your a lucky girl to be asked on a date because I see no talent in that attitude whatsoever, and its talent that attracts men to women, not looks or how sexy, so without talent, your lonely, try and educate yourself on men, and be less shallow, because this will get you a lot more dates and a lot more times the date will be on the bloke.

• Funny how this is not going to effect my look on things because I've asked opinions on this exact matter and every girl I would consider dating said it should be split (especially on the first few dates).

I may be cheap and a "loser" in your opinion but I'm alright with that as long as I never have to pay for YOUR dinner.

• um...

for the first or first few yes. after that go dutch. xD.

even guys don't have that much cash...

• My girlfriend likes to pay for her half because she doesn't like the idea of relying on a guy to do everything for her.

• *reads age*

ok nothing to see here

*leaves*

• something about that t calling the line crooked or something... but anyway no I think its up to whoever feels like paying

• Haha with that attitude, I wouldn't even talk to you, let alone take you out.

• So you do NOT believe in equallity of the genders, or you are just selfish.

I only pay a drink if I made out with her before and will not pay a restaurant or for a movie without dating her. You would think you can have me anyway after that and you'll play your games.

The nice guys who pay for you are always dumbed.

• Yea I pay unless she ask then I still pay and I tell her I will let her pay next time...then the next time I do the same thing lol

• So explain why a guy HAS to pay. You say it's selfish not to, so why aren't you?

• heh, I like to cover it. but on my second date with my other half, I left my wallet at home and only had a 50 on me :P she cleared up the other 20 or so.. we kinda just share 95% of our money now so in a way, when we go out we both pay for it.

• LMAO now the person who accepts an invitation has the obligation to pay? Get real, nobody is buying that bullsh*t.

What Girls Said 7

• "stop being selfish and pay up"

...ironic.

• sounds like she's running a business of some sort...i wonder what kind...

• lol ;)

Stop being selfish and hand over all your money, your property and your possessions to me!

• Oh, I disagree completely! Who says (besides you, obviously, haha) that the guy MUST pay? I have no problem with sharing the cost. I mean, we were both on the date, right? To be perfectly honest, I would find it really sweet if the guy insisted on paying, but I would never not offer, and I would insist on paying or at least sharing the next time.

• Silly things like this make me feel sick sometimes... >__< I don't agree with a word you say!

• This wasn't a question...this was a bitch rant on how pathetic you are. I have no problem paying for my food on a date. Shows the guy he isn't getting a gold digger.

• Hmmm...

Well then, let's start!

First of all, in my culture (I'm an Arab) the guy always pay. Arabs are very generous and it's part of our culture. It is an ego thingy that they should indulge their women. So, even if he isn't rich, he still does his best.

Secondly, I don't like your attitude. So, although I like the theory but I don't like how you're addressing guys and giving them orders. You should find a guy who has the same beliefs as yours when it comes to dating, relationships, etc...don't date a guy then complain. Guys owe you nothing. It should come from him; something he would LOVE to do for his girl. That's it.

• I don't agree with you one bit. It's 2011! Money doesn't grow on trees. I don't want to explain further because I'm not sure you're being serious.

• I disagree. If a girl doesn't want to be used like an item, she shouldn't be bought like one. Just because a guy can't afford to pay for everything, doesn't mean he's not a good guy. Sure, he should pay a lot of the time, or even at least split 50/50 when he doesn't, but it shouldn't be mandatory.