Is this guy being honest with me or just scared?

My ex and I broke up about 9 months ago. Since the break up, we never really took a break. We were talking and hanging out almost immediately. I was really ready to take a break but he contacted me the day after everything happened. Since then, there have been some ups and downs but he has always initiated contact after that- even when I told him not to talk to me. This time is a little different. We went to lunch and he said something stupid and silly and I just rolled my eyes and said, "I don't know why I hang out with you". I was totally kidding and I was laughing while I said it. Well, about 10 minutes after this lunch, I get a text that says maybe we shouldn't hang out and that if he wanted to move on, there is no way a friendship or anything between us would survive. He is right about that. Well, I basically told him he needed to choose- we hang out and see what might happen or we don't hang out and everything ends (no commuication, etc.). He then proceeds to tell me that he doesn't have any feelings for me anymore and doesn't understand how I didn't know that. he seems to think we had a conversation where he told me everything. We definitely did not and I wouldn't have wasted my time or money on him if we had. For the past 2 months, we've hung out and spent the night together twice a week regularly. It wasn't physical all the time and I was more than OK with that. I don't understand- his words do not match his actions. He is flirty with me and I felt a definitely connection. Anyway, the last thing I told him was to please leave me alone and I said I wouldn't be in touch again. Everything has been so up and down and he has said very hurtful things before and then come back. What the heck is going on?!?!

What Guys Said 1

• So you guys still hung out, even when you completely cut him off from sex?

This is the perfect definition of marriage, folks.

What Girls Said 0