If you started dating a guy and only after getting involved with him did you find out that he was using drugs

would you break up with him right away or try and give him a chance to break the habit if you disapprove of it? How would you approach him?

Most Helpful Girl

• That is a tough one...really it depends on how much you care for him and your opinion on drugs.

If you really don't care for him that much and drugs really bother you I would let him know and leave.

If you really do want to be with him then you have to approach this gently, most people doing drugs don't think that it's a problem (when it really is) and they will get angry and offended if you say otherwise. Let him know that you don't like that he does drugs...let him know that you would really like it if he tried to cut back (best to start slow and work your way up to stopping completely) and if he isn't even willing to try...I would leave...as hard as it might be if your with him chances of you falling into those habits are pretty good and the friends they tend to have aren't exactly trustworthy...

best of luck <3

What Girls Said 2

• It depends what drugs he is using. I was seeing a guy who used cannabis and it was recreational. He wasn't even worried about how I would react. I didn't mind because he did it once in awhile. Another guy I dated very seriously confided in me he tried acid and it phucked him up pretty badly. I didn't get mad at him but I was really disappointed because he knew how I felt about drugs. He promised never to touch it again and it was forgotten.

If I really cared about the guy then I'd stand by him. I know he would probably be afraid to confide something so profound in me but I wouldn't abandon him in his hour of need. He'd need me more than ever. I would only walk away if he kept doing the drugs because I wouldn't be able to handle that.

• It depends on what drug and if they were willing to try and give it up then I would give them a chance. If there was no way they would give it up then I'd leave or something that was really going to f*** them up.

What Guys Said 1

• If I was dating a girl like that, and I was really in love with her I would try to get her clean, but if she refused or I found out she had a relapse, I would break up with her. I can't live my life with someone that does drugs.