Why can't you see you belong with me? - anyone else been in my situation?

I have this good friend who's a guy who recently got a girlfriend and it's just like "HEY OVER HERE. LOOK AT ME. PLEASE." I mean we've been good friends for 2 years, and it's like I'm one of the guys with him like we joke around and talk about football and that kind of stuff but I'm also like a best girl friend to him too like he'll talk about his girl problems and ask advice. I just feel like saying like "okay here I am hello I like you why can't you see this we're perfect together"

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friends, you have shared moments with him no one else knows about, you know him inside out, so that can be scarey, to go with a girl who knows all this, you need to cut it off and tell him that now he has a girlfriend, you have realized that you can't be friends to the degree you were, he will ask for sure, why, and be honest, let him know that all this time spending it with him etc you have realized that you have feelings for him a friend don't usually have, and to see him with someone else is just destroying you inside, let him know that you still want to be friends, but need to find a way to accept that you and him are just friends, this way, if he has feelings for you he has a great chance in telling you now, but if he dont, he will still be gutted because, when your really good friends like that and that you think it is strictly platonic, you feel as if you have lost an arm, you become lost, you end up mourning your best mate, so if he don't feel like that, try and reassure him that when you deal with your emotions for him, can you ring him for a chat, but you have got to be prepared to deal with your emotions otherwise you will destroy this great friendship you have with him, You have talent, it won't go un noticed,x

What Guys Said 3

• xD. taylor swift reference.

you're too familiar to him, in my opinion... if you want him to really see- next time he's single shake things up a bit and make him see xD

• yeah like "look I will give an advice in this to know that I care for you"

I'm in the same f**king situation I feel like wwe super star john cena "you can't see me " I feel like what will any other guy do for you that I can't do

• Ask him out. or kiss him and see what happens

What Girls Said 3

• I have been in your situation before! Omgsh is it ever frustrating! They have the perfect person right in front of them, yet they date another person who is obviously bad news! Next time he is single start flirting with him, see how it goes :)

• TAYLOR SWIFT! haha. ohhh yes I know how you feel. I was friends with a guy for like 4 years and he was dating this horrible girl that wouldn't even let me talk to him even though we were just friends. I was always there for him and he was always there for me. well this summer changed everything, they broke up and he FINALLY decided to tell me he wants to be more than friends:) so it can happen! I really hope it does for you because I have been waiting 4 long years for this haha. Just stay yourself and prove to him you're better than all those other girls!

• I agree with glitterberryalisa. I was in this situation for 5 years. Just best friends even though he knew how I felt about him. Finally after he had been cheated on and tired of dealing with women that used him, he asked me to be his girlfriend :) Just stay strong and if you're there for him when he needs you then that goes a long way in showing that you care for him. Good Luck!