Is it sexy for your male date to wear a suit to a first date?

Say you were to meet at a nice restaurant, and the guy was coming str8 after work to meet you, and is wearing a business suit, no tie, and shirt unbuttoned at the top some... (keep in mind I'm 23)

Would you find this sexy? appealing? turned off? put off? somwehere in between? and why!?

Most Helpful Girl

• Overall a full suit, sans tie, and meeting at a nice restaurant would send the message:

1. You have a job where you should or must wear a suit,

2. You make good money,

3. You are not uptight, as you lost the tie and unbuttoned the shirt.

So, if that is basically the message you want to send, cool, and it would probably look sexy to many women. In your age group, however, if your job actually does not require a suit it could look odd and not be a good idea.

What Girls Said 4

• I LOVE suits.

I love business attire sooooooooooooooo much.

• it really depends on the guy. it could be a turn on if he looks exceptionally good in it, but I think generally it'd be sort of a neutral thing.

• If that wouldn't be too dressy for the restaurant then I'd like it.

• i would just think you looked nice. I like men in suits.

What Guys Said 2

• If its the attire of that restaurant then I don't see what the problem is, but if you are just wearing a nice suit to a date, I think that is overdoing it. A bit pretentious

• If she's dressed nicely too, then maybe it's OK. Otherwise if she's dressed casually and you're dressed too nicely, you'll create a bunch of uncomfortable awkward tensions. But unless that's the dress code at your work place and you had no time to change out, she'll understand most likely.