What do you think about an 8 year age gap in a relationship?

so I'm dating this guy. I just turned 17, he's 25. I really really really like him, I honestly do. And I think the guy likes me as well.

And I'm almost sure he isn't a bad guy. He didn't abuse me or something and he doesn't use me for bad things. He only kissed me, and he's a real gentleman, paying everything for me, holding the umbrella when it rains, bringing me home whenever we see each other, telling me he wants me to stay the night over at his house (and no, he just wanted to sleep. He doesn't want to do those things until I'm ready he says) I think he enjoys being with me.

But, are there bad things about an 8 year age gap? I know I'm still underaged, but it doesn't matter if it's me who likes him too right? Or is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally age is just a number. I'm 29 and in sum weird thing with an 18 year old. We started off as mates and seem to just be getting closer and closer. It's all happened unintentionally and the age thing only comes up when we fight or oddly, I get asked for ID (I look only 20). I generally date females within 4 years of me so what I'm doing at the moment sort of is out of the norm.

The fact you guys shouldn't be doing anything till you are 18 means you have time to find out if his intentions are honorable. In all honesty, if he was over 30 then I'd be real cautious.

I have and know a lot of people in relationships that there is a 10+ years age gap. One in particular with a 20 year gap, they met when she was 18 and him 38. It works for some people. Sometimes though, the younger person gets played, there's usually a reason an older male deliberately goes for younger females, he can't get anyone his own age as they have sussed him out.

Just remember that not all males intentions are legitimate with younger females.

What Guys Said 4

• im dating a young girl, she is 14 and I am 19, I tried to break it off with her a few times but SHE is the world to me..its weird that it happend, neither of us Flirted with each other or nothin, we just kinda 'hit it off', I know it seems kinda creepy but the way I look at it...'age is just a number' and why should I Be unhappy because of some1s age.. so, don't worry about what other people think, just do what your heart tells you!..other people are just jeolous that you have found the RIGHT person.

• I take it this guy is a risk taker. :/

• nothings wrong with a 8 years gap but if BOTH are at least 28. You better hope he doesn't get caught because HE WILL go to jail

• wow that is creepy of him

What Girls Said 7

• What do you think about an 8 year age gap in a relationship? If the girl is younger one she has the power advantage since most old men value youth so she's like a trophy and something to brag about.

But, are there bad things about an 8 year age gap? Yes if it's a lasting relationship you're going to have to be talking care of some old guy when you're young. Also you may miss out on your youth dating a old guy.

I know I'm still underaged, but it doesn't matter if it's me who likes him too right? Doesn't matter since you're most likely of legal consent and most old guys don't care about how emotionally mature a girl is as long as she's physically mature.

• if you like the guy go for it, though I think you should hold off on anything more than kissing until you are 18. age doesn't always matter and as you get older, the gap will seem smaller and smaller. just keep in mind that guys don't always tell you their thoughts so just make sure you're positive of his motives from doing these "gentleman" like gestures.

• In 8 years or so, you will realize that this guy had other qualities that made him either a huge loser or a creeper. No self-respecting, condifent 25 year old man with good intentions goes after a 17 year old. Either A) he can't get a girl his own age for whatever reason or B) he doesn't want a girl his own age because he is into younger girls, which makes him a creep.

Sorry, honey but you would be better off to stay away from him, especially if he is wanting you to sleep over. That thing about him just wanting you to sleep over with nothing sexual involved...that's bullsh*t.

• Age Is Just A Number

• Go for it, but leave anything sexual until you're 18 unless you want him in prison. Minors aren't considered to be able to give valid consent, so statutory rape it is.

• No its not...below 10 years gap is fine to me...

• 1)He is thinking of serious relationship because he is 25

2)He has experience