Girls won't even date me? How come? Do they seriously want guys with money?

First off, I'm 26, been working on the rigs since I graduated high school. I don't know what was wrong with me. I thought money would buy happiness, but obviously not. I make 6 figures easy and money is no objective to me, but I just recently realized how lonely my life is. I've never had a gf, and where I work there ARE no girls. It's a guys field. So I quit my job to go back to college hoping I could find the right girl. I mean, I have a nice house, a nice car, but I try to be average joe at school pretending I don't have anything at all. I finished my first semester, and I've gotten comments from 4 girls that I'm like the popular guy in school. I try to make an effort to get to know EVERYONE since I've wasted the past 8 years of my life. I tried asking these 4 girls out for lunch/movie/coffee, they all gimme their numbers, but when I ask them out, they ALWAYS make some random excuse like "what about after exams", or "I'm pretty busy right now, can we try in the new year?" And some of them don't even reply back to my calls?! I mean, what's the deal? Am I doing something wrong? Does it make me look bad that I know everyone? I always thought that would be a good thing to know everyone. To be honest, I'm getting pretty desperate to settle down, it seems as every year I have this feeling of emptiness in my life, and this is gonna be another year. Girls, what can I do to even get a DATE with you?! You girls are soooo confusing!

By the way, I'm 5'8, 190lbs, and very fit. I'm mostly toned. I always have this one girl following around me in school (best friend) and everyone would see. Would people perceive me as being a player? Most people don't even believe I don't have a gf.

Most Helpful Girl

• Today going to college is still considered a big deal to women. Not in the sense of "Yay women's rights", but more "I am better able to take care of myself." Women, like men, go to college to increase their mental faculties, learn how to take care of themselves in the real world, and be more responsible. My griends of the female persuasion today view responsibility as NOT settling until later in life - they want their degrees, they want to date around and meet every kind of guy so they know, they want to have a job, their college paid off, and a stable living situation before they think of marriage or kids and the like.

So although a guy saying " I want to settle down," fits into what we want our long term guy to be, it doesn't fit what most women want their guy to be IN COLLEGE. They don't want to think about adding to that huge pile of debt, or being tied down and reliant on a guy. They don't want to make a mistake and have kids during school. The risk of being tied down in college is so much more blinking lights to a lot of women in college. In the end we are being silly - we want to feel that EVERY guy we date COULD be the one in the FUTURE when everything else is settled, but we don't want to think about it now.

What Girls Said 6

• Ok, I think that the women you meet may sense your strong urge to want to be settled down which can scare most women off. You are only 26, you're still young and have a lot of time ahead of you. Enjoy the people you meet but don't be so quick to settle down. Relationships take time and effort. They require patience. So on paper you look great. But how do you feel about yourself? Aside from the money, the materialistic things and such. How do YOU feel about YOU? Would you date yourself?

• Well I can is this: we girls love nice guys who can show us agood time and treat us right. Maybe that's all you have to do. Your physical appearance nor your good finances might help when searching for a good girl to settle down with. We girls like to be happy and we don't really care about money or how hot you might be. Keep looking :)

• Either they think your best friend is your girlfriend and don't wanna get in the middle of that. If that's the case they probably think you're a total ass hole to do that to your girlfriend.

Or you just asked the wrong girls. Some girls are just stuck up.

• I think that is so unfair when men think that all women want is money anybe your attracted to the worng women! What's most important to me is having someone who WILL let me get to know them and wanna get to know me. Maybe if your best friend is a girl that might make them think you are. How about expanding your circle and try to meet people at other places besides school. She's out there

• First: you actually DO sound like a nice guy.

Second:don't EVER do anything for women, do it for yourself

Third:you're young, don't try so hard...ur time will come

• sounds like you have a fairly big ego. don't think you're hot cause you have money.

What Guys Said 3

• Damn dude you were making bank working on the rigs, my friend does that and he makes six figures too, and your right there are no girls in that field of work, which is probably a good thing but then you went back to school which is cool and man the problem is it's very hard to get a girlfriend in college most of them just want to party, so maybe your wanting to much from them. Who cares if they think your a player, play the field that's what I do it's a lot easier to get laid then get a girlfriend in college. I am sure those girls go to parties and you seem like a guy who probably gets invited to parties so there you go that's how I meet the girls I date either that or the bars, or if you have friends in your class they will have friends who are single women and you can work at it from there.

• They probably are suspecting you're cheating on your best friend, which is quite amusing.

Is this a community college? well then you have your answer to why girls are so flaky :) Most girls in a community college aren't looking for a relationship, or they already are in one. (I go to one)...They either have the I WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS SHITTY TOWN mentality or MY Boyfriend IS THE BEST EVARRR.

It'll be very hard to find, but if you can, find a girl who makes you genuinely happy to be around. Don't just pick out any old girl. "Date" ON campus. Sit down with girls, talk to them, have discussions with them. Find out if they're airheads or not; find out if they are the type that would play games (like the ones you mentioned, except for the one that said after exams because exams suck dick)

I think I may have found mine.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT! YOU ARE SPEAKING THE FUCKIN SERMON ON THE MOUNT MY BROTHA! That shit is sooooo true. It makes me want to throw up in my mouth. Sad Sad Sad. Is there any hope for us? - J. If you found your, congrats to you. Needle in a f***ing haystack for sure!

• True story...f*** community college.

• so what is new with u? This question was 5 months ago