Is there something wrong with me?

I've never had a boyfriend, I'm 16. Yeah, I know I'm too young to be worried about having a boyfriend, but a lot of girls at my school have boyfriends and I just wonder sometimes why I don't have one. I think I'm pretty and its not like a guy will distract me from my academics either. I just want a boyfriend, give me some ideas on how I can get one?!? Girls, what did you do to get your boyfriend? Guys, what would you want a girl to do to, or what gets your attention from the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• Chances are there's a guy out there seriously crushing on you right now, but he's just too shy to come straight out and say it.

Be open around guys, send a good vibe without seeming easy. Don't act unapproachable or anything. Basically, just act naturally and don't over think the situation. If a guy feels that you're nice and that you won't flat out reject him, he'll eventually get up the nerve to ask you out. Hopefully.

What Guys Said 1

• Well maybe a wink or a stare or something but I'm 100% sure that there is a shy guy that has a huge crush on you and he really likes you. Just put out a positive attitude about the whole thing and be your self that is the biggest turn on I find. Please try and get a guy who's good to you. Also the other girls might seem like there relationships are going well but most people are not open about there problems because no relationship is perfect. So they might seem happy, but they could really not be. Don't worry about it too much though I'm 16 too and I've only had 1 girlfriend but patience is key so I think you will find someone really good for you :D Well hope I could help! If you need anything else answered feel free to ask!

What Girls Said 2

• I didn't get my first boyfriend until I was almost 18, and I turned 18 a week ago. I've had flings in the past. And how I got my current boyfriends is that he liked me and I liked him and we talk for several weeks. A couple years ago I was like you and wondered why I didn't have a boyfriend when everybody else was hooking up. It's normal. You'll get one, just may not be as soon as you want it to be.

• Nothing is wrong with you, maybe at times you'll have really dark thoughts about it and question yourself but truly nothing is wrong with you. Even thought its not really important to have a boyfriend I can relate to you and I know how you feel. I didn't do anything to get any of my previous boyfriends, our paths just crossed each other somehow. You meet someone, you talk, you start to like each other and then you get together.