Would you be offended if your date canceled?

I have a first date Sat., & I have the worst cold ever. I need to cancel but want to reschedule.

I really am sick, and I know I can't go out this weekend. I feel terrible & would make a bad impression.

I don't want him to think I'm just cancelling at the last minute because I have better plans, etc. I mean, I even sound gross. Yuck! I'm even embarrassed to speak to him on the phone, I sound that bad.

Would you be offended? Or would you understand & rain check?

Most Helpful Guy

• i wouldn't be offended at all, dates can always be rescheduled. who wants to go out with someone if they're sick anyway, stay in and get healthy and then go out and have a good time.

What Guys Said 6

• If you offer the guy a specific day/time that would work for you, it shouldn't be a problem. If you say something like "some other time" or "let's reschedule it for another time" without making definite plans, he might interpret that as a lack of interest.

• Right, I thought about that. He only wants to go out on the weekends and I have to go to my family's, out-of-town next weekend, I think. Don't you think it would be rude to say "in 2 weeks?" I might feel badly about that. IDK, I could try to work something out. I do agree with you very much. thanx.

• You might ask him if he's willing to go out on a weeknight; if he says no, he'll have to wait. Plus, you should ask yourself if you really want to date someone who is that inflexible.

• Nope, I wouldn't be offended, as such things do happen. We do fall ill at times, so don't worry. Just focus on getting well, and enjoy your next date with him when you're well.

• I wouldn't be offended. We can just text a lot or something until the new time and I'd keep your mood up while you got better. :D

• Oh, so sweet, very nice.

• wow man you are like the nicest guy on here. I hope your workouts are going well so you can be just as beautiful on the outside.

• I haven't been working out. I stopped after 5 days... I decided to just forget it and put all my efforts else where. I think once I'm more content with my life in a few years is when I'll get to it. Plus a job and school alone will cause me to drop quite a bit. Thanks though.

• If it's a real reason, then no I wouldn't be offended. If not, then yes, I would be extremely offended. I can always tell when a girl is BS'ing me.

• Of course I would understand. Hopefully he does but if he doesn't then that is a great test

• I would think that the girl isn't interested if at all I asked her on a date .

And if she asks me on a date and she tries to reschedule it , I would think she is playing with me .

In either case , I won't go out ... If she is a very good friend of mine ... and I know if she doesn'nt lie ... then I won't mind .

What Girls Said 0