Do you say grace on a date? If no why not?

Do you say grace on a date? Yes or no if no why not?(for those who don't know what grace is its thanking god for the meal)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had one guy do that on a date. I'm not religious, but I found it really sweet that he did. For you, I'd say see what her religious tolerance is like. If she has no tolerance for peoples' religions, then I would try to do it silently. But then again, if she doesn't tolerate it, you probably don't want to date her anyway.If she's okay with forms of religion, go for it! Annnd if she's religious as well, you should tell her she's more than welcome to join in, but make sure she's on the same level first! Great question actually!

What Girls Said 21

• No, but I never do because I'm not religious. I'll bow my head respectfully at family meals on holidays, but that's about it. So I definitely wouldn't on a date. I wouldn't care if my date did, but if he was like shocked and appalled that I didn't, or expected me to do the same, I would be turned off. I would wait until THEY were done to start eating though in that case, because I think it would be the respectful thing to do. It wouldn't bother me. I would respect their beliefs as long as they respected mine in return.

• I'm not religious one bit, in fact I dislike religion. But I would still date and respect a guy if he said grace at dinner. I think I'd prefer if he told me though beforehand "I say grace before meals, you don't need to join me or do anything, just know that it's what I do" and that's all he has to say. Because I don't say grace, if I didn't know and he began to, I'd feel awkward if it was sprang on me. I think people should continue to practice their religion.

• No it's creepy and weird to shove your religious beliefs on a date

• It is best to avoid political or religious views in the early stages of dating but later on if the other person feels comfortable the go for it!

• nope, never thought bout it

• I don't do it generally but If I did I don't see why I wouldn't on a date

• nope..i just thank the waitress/waiter then go on to eat the food.

• No, because I'm an atheist.

• Yes. They need to see you and you shouldn't be hiding your religion because you don't want to scare them off

• No I don't just because I'm on a date and it seems kind of unusual. Unless you are bother religious and wanna do that

• Only if you know that the other person does too

• Umm it depends if your partner is religious

• I do! Because it what I always do, and I feel I should be myself on a date

• No...I'm not religious

• I would refrain, given the fact you are most likely unsure of her religious background. Also you will probably be in a public setting and it may be a bit awkward to say grace in the middle of a restaurant.

• I always say grace and if he doesn't want to then he's not the guy for me. Date someone with the same beliefs as you and you'll have a better relationship.

• it depends on the person you are with , always ask if you can say grace, if your date say no just say okay and smile and say it in your head.

• If your a religious person who usually says grace then u should if not then don't worry about

• I'd say no unless you're dating a religious freak. It's best to get to know each other a WHOLE lot before getting into religious views

• No. I don't say grace at all so why would I on a date

• I say don't say it out loud, think it to yourself. That way the person won't directly notice it.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, I would. I've said in some of my answers before that having similar views and values (religion included) is important to me in who I date, so hopefully she would too :)

• Nope, I thank the server instead for bringing my food :)

• No, but I'm not religious so I wouldn't anyways.

• No because I'm not religious. That is not the say that I don't appreciate food that comes my way because there are loads of people that don't have access to food but I don't feel the need to include others in on my appreciation.

• I have on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not on a date to this point.

• I say grace to myself... I don't make it a group affair.

• No, because grace is stupid. Just start eating.

• No...

• I say grace never, grace, cringe