Dating a girl from Texas. Should I be worried?

I am from the UK and I met a girl from Texas, America who is working here. we have been seeing each other for 2 months. Should I be worried that her parents might not accept me? I am atheist and I heard of many stories of Father's killing guys they do not approve of or guys that have "fornicated" with their daughters. She did say that her parents are religious Christians so I'm hesitant of taking it to the next level. Advice?

yes I heard it was common in Texas especially that's why I'm asking.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• lmaooooo! Most dad's are all talk and wouldn't kill someone. Jailtime tends to break up families. Americans don't just kill for sport haha

• oh I was asking about texans not all Americans surely

• I know, I'm just saying! Texans are no different than other humans! If her parents kill you, it's because they're freakin' psychos, not because their texans!

• Okay I'm from texas and dads here are all talk they just want to protect their daughters. If your girlfriend really loves you then so will her family. When you meet her dad don't be nervous cause you're only opening up the door for him to criticize you. But if your worried about what her family will think, just hold your head up, give good eye contact, & a firm hand shake. You'll be fine.

What Guys Said 4

• That's mostly hillbilly media crap. I haven't met any girls' parents who were quite so overprotective.

Hell, my ex's dad was a gun collector, and I never had any problems with him.

• lol Texas' PR program is apparently working.

• Yep, the stories/stereotypes are true; they do exist for a reason, y'all.

• That's only in Texas. Fathers don't kill daughters boyfriends normally in any of the other 49 states.

• In Texas they bring guns to church in case there is a show down in the parking lot afterward. Hardcore rednecks.

• LMAOOOOO <3