Guys, are you intimidated or put off by women who know how to debate well?

This question is inspired by a certain GAG user whom I won't name. She is super intelligent and know how to debate well. I have to admit watching her go intimidates me for some reason. I think it's because I don't have the goods to challenge her when there's something I disagree with her on.

What do you guys think Are you intimidated by them? Or no.

And no anon answers YES haha!

It is sexy too. I'll admit lol

Most Helpful Girl

• There are times where I am a little intimidated to debate with people but... I'm too opinionated to not debate certain things >< Even if I'm not equip to debate with certain people, I always feel like its important to test my beliefs and give them the opportunity to do the same.

What Girls Said 7

• Why intimidated? If she debates well and has valid points do you feel threatened? Is it because she is a woman? Would you feel the same if it was a guy?

• I think it has to do more with smarts and how they're used. Many people are intimidated by intelligent people when they feel they aren't at the same level as them intellectually. Like, if I see a super intelligent guy I'll be intimidated but drawn to him at the same time. So it'd go both ways, I suppose.

• Okay, this is about Slipslender, or knowmeyourself? I don't think they would ever be mean to you Kain. If it is about someone else. I am sure she won't be mean to you.

I think guys are intimidated of that in general because either they want the girl to like them, or they don't like to debate.

• but,if you disagree with her,doesn't that undermine her in your eyes and give you more confidence that you'll ''win the battle''?

• I think it's super f***ing HOT when a guy knows how to debate well. I'd be intimidated but also unbelievably drawn to him. Intelligence and charisma are so damn sexy.

• Sometimes I'm intimidated, but usually I find a way to get my point across, especially if its something I believe in.

• LOL! I have never met a female that couldn't get her point across! <3<3<3 =D

• Hmmm. I can see your dilemma. Personally, I do love debating. I can debate with someone and bare no ill will afterward, because it's just a differing of opinion - debating is different to arguing or conflict. I think it's just important to keep personal shots out, or whatever. But no need to be intimidated :) Just try to make your opinions well thought out. I think debating is a great way to challenge your thoughts and the thoughts of others :)

• I think generally people who like to argue, or debate, like others who also like to argue, or debate. Those who don't like to tend to stay away from those who do, just my thoughts anyways.

What Guys Said 14

• If they know how to debate intellegently, no, I"m not afraid of them. If they think their views are the absolute truth and when challenged they give some not so intelligent "just because they feel like it" excuse, then yes, I have always been afraid of ignorance.

• Not really, I never felt intimidated by anyone so far on this site, its just the internet and the way I am in general. If the devil himself ever disrespected me, I would slap in his face and take his throne and use his body as a place to rest my feet. With all jokes aside, I don't mind a debate, as long as the person has facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts.

• No, I love an intelligent woman, and I'm not so attached to any opinion that the right intelligent argument can't make me question my position and possibly change it.

• No, I'm not intimidated. I love women that are intelligent and have enough backbone to stand up for their ideas. I like when a girl can put forward intelligent thoughts about something but is also open minded at the same time. To debate, is to pose ideas supported by evidence, and to listen to what the other side is saying and retort when needed. It is not to argue steadfastly to make a point, and the obstinately stand against something even when all information says otherwise. I hate when a girl knows she has lost a debate so to speak, and rather than thinking about an idea and learning, she tries to change the subject or take claim to an idea as her own in order to try and feel like she has won an argument. That's just sad... Debate is about learning, and seeing different views and how they compare to your position.

• I find that intelligent woman are a turn on. I do not find a know it all or a very stubborn woman a turn on though. If a woman is a good debater then fine but if she has the need to debate most everything then that is a big turn off. Life is too short to spend on debating and arguing.

• No,it's sexy. Lol

• I am a MASTER DEBATER!

• I think strong, intelligent women are sexy!

• Nah, I love a good argument...even if I'm wrong.

• i find them sexy.

• na il argue with anyone

• no I like it, super turn on

• The people that get me are the ones that are wring and STILL try to argue their point.

• No...not debating...but there are a few who aren't afraid to tell you where to get off of the bus