Should I get her number from a friend?

There is this girl I find really cute, I have her best friend's phone number, even though we don't really talk.

Me and her best friend aren't really friends, I got her number in a prom and never really talked to her lol.

So here is the story:

Monday I was at a coffee shop with a friend and I saw this girl that I found really cute but she was there with a bunch of friends, so I didn't really approached her. Now that I've been thinking I regret that I didn't approach her but now it's too late, she is in a different school but in the same city as I, therefore I don't really see her a lot, maybe once or twice a month, I don't know. So I was wondering if I should get her number from her best friend.

What do you think? Should I wait until I see her again which can take some time, or should I try to get her number from her best friend?

I also forgot to add that, when I was at the coffee shop, she was starring at me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Should I get her number from a friend? No it's passive and sort of creepy.

The passivity indicates that you probably lack confidence to approach her so you have to go about getting what you want in a roundabout way.

The creepy aspect comes from the fact you're getting personal information about her in order to contact her from other sources other than herself.

Plus there's the aspect her friend could write you off as a desperate creep.

Should I wait until I see her again which can take some time, or should I try to get her number from her best friend? Wait to see her again.

• Thanks for answering :D I guess I am going to wait...

What Girls Said 1

• just wait. you don't wana seem despret or dorky.

• Thanks for answering :)

To be honest, I don't think I would look desperate, I would probably look like I have no confidence to approach her so I had to get her number from a friend.

And it would be weird if I just started talking with her out of nothing and schedule a date lol.

• lolz. it would be. but some girls hav had friends like mine. payin guys you like/ don't like to ask yu out. and girls don't like to be stalked. ;p

• still, it comes across creepy.

What Guys Said 2

• Ok well you can get her number from her friend if you want to be friends with her. Or you could wait till you see her again so you can impress her and get her number. You would have a better chance to get with this girl if you wait, and don't be afraid to talk to her if she is in a group.

good luck

• Thanks for answering :)

• Don't get her number from one of her friends... add her on FB talk to her there, then ask for her number.

• That would be a good idea, too bad I have no Facebook xD

• Then you don't exist in the world of today. Get one, add all your friends then add her.