Do you think its best to start out as friends and then start dating or?

or when you barely meet? my best friend and I always argue about this. she's really pretty so she's always getting hit on, dating guys when she barely meets them. she says that it doesn't mean anything though. but she barely knows them, she's going for them pretty much cause they're attractive

i like to start out friendships cause you need to feel comfortable with a person before you date them you know? what do you guys think?

i try telling her that but she's really stubborn and she loses interest within a week and then she complains about not having a guy haha.
so apparently, she was seeing some guy in her class (they had known each other for like 2 weeks and they started 'dating' even though she says they're not.) and he takes her out and stuff. but she told me last week that she's bored of him already and they've been hanging out for like 3 weeks but they're stuck in that class like another 3 months lol. she still makes out with him and stuff but isn't that messed up?

she says she's taking it like whatever, but I don't think he is..

Most Helpful Guy

• Dates are a way to get to know people that you wouldn't have any other way to get to know. They really are no big deal. You limit yourself a lot when you will only consider possibly dating someone you spend a lot of time with already. It's nice when you have avenues to meet interesting and attractive people, but life doesn't just hand you the perfect girl/guy you have to get out there and meet people and date people in order to find someone that fits you well.

I would say it's nice when you run into someone in your everyday activities that you find attractive, and have the opportunity to make them an acquaintance before dating them. By having some stuff in common and exchanging in conversation regularly it makes it easier to gauge whether or not dating them might lead to a successful relationship. I wouldn't say that you should only date those acquaintance/friends though. If you do that, you will miss out on a lot of good people and it is already hard enough to find a good match.

What Guys Said 4

• It's best to be at least acquainted with each other, meaning you may not be qualified as friends, but you have more than name and facial recognition. You should at least have that basic knowedge of the other person.

• You're friend sound like a bimbo, while you on the other hand I completely agree with. I don't "date" people I just met, I have to develop some kind of trust before I can just invest emotion into them. Dating people you just met says nothing about the quality of the person, only that you're only criteria for dating is "must be good looking."

• it is better to start as friends then as you date then you will get to know the person even better

• yes start out as friends so you can get to know him and get to know the real him

What Girls Said 3

• Personally I prefer dating guys who I know as mates :) I just think that dating a guy you barely know could more than likely than not cause problems, such as you don't like the gutys peronality or something :o

• I went out with a guy who I barely new for 5 weeks, it turned out to just be one of those fast flings, yeah he broke my heart.

I'm now dating someone who my family have known for years, and I've also known for quite some time and we started off as friends and grew into more.. and I feel a lot more comfortable with this guy.

• i think it's always better to form a friendship because then you have more common ground and are sure you want to date the person because you know what they're really like.