What were some of your experiences with "The Talk"?

Been seeing this guy for a few months. He kinda messed up but now we're back to where we used to be. He's so sweet, and I just feel so alive when I'm with him. We see each other ever weekend now. He texts me multiple times everyday, we hold hands, he takes me home, walks me to class blah blah blah. I just want to know what we are. I don't know how to ask, but I don't want to ask and find out we're just good friends with "benfits". But also if its leaning toward that direction, I don't want to continue. I want someone with intentions for long term, not someone who's looking just to "have fun" with my feelings. Anyway, he keeps saying stuff like "i love our relationship." yesterday he made a joke while we were deciding where to eat and he said "you've got to be the decision maker in this relationship". He keeps mentioning "this relationship" and I'm sitting here thinking "what relationship?". I just want to know if he considers me his girlfriend. I don't want to see anyone else, I want to know if he feels the same way. How do I approach the situation? Guys and Girls, what are some experiences you've had with this problem?

Thanks

What Guys Said 1

• I have a 10 year old daughter. To me "The Talk" refers to the birds and the bees, what she knows, what she thinks she knows, what she wants to know, and what we think she should know whether she wants it or not!

So this is a different kind of Talk.

It was more like "will you marry me?" and she just had to give a one word answer. It was onward from there.

What Girls Said 1

• The only way you will know for sure is to ask him