Did I do something wrong here?

In a class of mine (college) there was a girl I would talk to sometimes and we would work on projects together. I never really did anything outside class with her. After the class ended she added me on facebook and we got to talking everyday. We exchanged numbers. I would call/text her a day or two a week and asked if she would wanna hang out sometime and she would say we could try, which never happened. I kinda figured she may not be interested. So I gave up. Then she started texting me (twice) in the past two weeks, but I haven't said about hanging out. This has been going on since around Thanksgiving and we haven't seen each other since class ended. I keep thinking is she interested? Did I wait too long...even though I have asked about hanging out? What could I do because I am completely out of ideas...

Most Helpful Girl

• just be there for her when she needs you, girls have a trust problem...they overthink everything and are way to cautious and analyze the guy inside out before realizing if they like him or not, she's not judging you or anything, she just wants to see if you're in her future for the long term, most relationship material girls don't want simple hookups or dating, they want security with a guy and wanna be in his arms forever. So at this point she is overthinking if she wants to give you a chance...

im sure shell call you soon and let you know when she's free for a date, after the date, and she gets to know you more, I'm sure shell be crawling back for more ;)

What Girls Said 5

• girls take a long time to realize what they want. we over analyze everything. I am sure she likes you she just doesn't know what she wants. You should ask her if she wants to hang out, and see what she says. If it continues with just talk and no action well the only thing you can do is just let it go.

• Just keep being her friend. If she wants more, she will let you know. Keep it cool, you don't want to seem too over bearing or desperate. Keep talking/texting with her, see where it goes. Don't worry so much about if she is into you or not because it shouldn't matter that much just yet.

• this sounds a bit wierd. maybe she got lonely and went to you because you want to hang out? n/o if you want to try to take it further next time she texts you ask her to hang out

• u did nothing wrong.. she's probably nervous about hanging out with you.. ask if she wants to hangout in a group of people with you sometime.. have a party and invite her and her friends.. make it easy for her to feel comftorble

• if you like her, what are you waiting for? take the initiative and ask her out.

What Guys Said 3

• Dude forget her she's not interested, you asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime, and she said we could try, if she wanted to she would have said yes or if there was some party or something ong on she would have invited you, but she didn't so I wouldn't bother with her anymore find a new girl.

• You didn't do anything wrong. She said she wanted to hang out, then she flaked out. It's her bad.

If you want to know if she's interested, ask her out again.

If she's interested, she'll go out.

If she's not interested, she'll blow you off.

Either way, you'll know where she stands and won't waste your time.

• I completely agree, you need to ask her one more time. Don't just ask her if she wants to hang out, but ask her out for something specific.

• Yes, ask for a DATE.

• Make plans. Set an exact date and thing to do. Don't ask her say "this day, this time". If you set the date it makes it a lot easier than just saying "we'll hang out sometime" and waiting for her to say she's free.