Why am I always a rebound, fling or just a friend?

Every guy I meet always says this kind of thing to me. I'm nearly 18 and have never had a boyfriend, all my friends have, and I feel so lonely all the time. The guy I've been into recently has a girlfriend now and he only broke up with his other one like 3 weeks ago. I really wanted to get to know him better. Is there something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing wrong with you :) Maybe not now, but eventually you'll realize, that there are reasons for you not being involved with those people. Some things happen for a reasons, other things happen because life sucks. This is probably happening for a reason. You mentioning that he just got with someone after breaking up with someone not so long ago, makes it really obvious that you shouldn't mess with him. He's an unstable dater and probably won't commit anytime soon if that's what you'd like. If you don't want to be the rebound, fling , or just a friend, then you need to start by building your confidence. You may be alone, but you don't have to be lonely. So if you are feeling lonely, you should start filling your loneliness with stuff to do. If you ever feel lonely, remember that it's because your happiness is on the way. You can be truly happy if you're in love with someone, but it is someone with a better mind, who can love themselves, erase their loneliness with creativity, and come home to someone they want to spend their lives with. Don't let anyone make you their rebound, if you see that it's a situation, you're about to get dragged into, assert yourself. I've never had a fling so I can't give much advice on that. So far as just being a friend, be strong girl! Step out and let them know that you want more, because 7 times out of 10, they want to be with you too :)

What Guys Said 2

• No, why would anything be wrong with you. Just make sure he has enough time to get over her so you are not the rebound girl. :)

Good luck!

• There is nothing wrong with you.. I've never had a Girlfriend and I'm lonley 2, But I know one day it will happen..

There are a lot a guys out there, I don't know what type your into but there R a lot of GOOD guys out there..and most of em are Very lonly as well, just waiting on the chance to meet Their companion.

so keep your head up, and know that you are beautiful!

What Girls Said 0