Am I being too needy?

I've been dating this guy for a month. For the first week he was always texting me and asking me to hang out with him. I would hang out with him a lot. Then he went home and stopped texting me Because he forgot his phone charger, but made sure to Facebook chat me a lot. Then when he came back we hung out at the bar and he came out and said that he really liked me. This made me happy Because I was a little upset that all we've really done is be intimate and he hadn't really taken me out on a date. We talked a bit more and decided to be exclusive but not quite gf/ boyfriend. Then I continued to come over and he'd make me dinner, take care of me if I was really drunk, and drive me to my car if it was far away. We hung out last Friday and it was a lot of fun. He also told me to be safe over the weekend since I was going to be out partying with my friends in another city. I texted him yesterday right when I came back asking if he wanted to hang out. He texted me back immediately and said that he had work in a little bit and apologized and then asked me how my weekend was. I answered him, but he didn't respond to my answer. Then I saw him on Facebook about 5 hours later and chatted him, but he didn't chat me back. Am I being too needy or is he ignoring me?

Most Helpful Girl

• theres no such thing as objectively being 'needy' it depends on the nature of your relationship.

imo, if you feel needy-hes not the right guy for you. people don't feel neglected by people who care. and people don't feel burdened by people they wan t to be with.

What Guys Said 1

• your not being too needy; he is just being a jerk and ignoring you.

What Girls Said 1

• Of course you're not being needy. Maybe there's been some sort of misunderstanding, like he didn't see your message or probably saw it hours later. Either that, or he's ignoring you. But you're not being needy at all. (: Good luck!

• Well I guess I'm just wondering because Friday when we were hanging out I was hinting to him that he doesn't really like me since he never invites me to hang out. I always have to invite him. He told me that I shouldn't worry so much and that I need to be more confident. I also keep bugging him about taking me out on a date...