Movie for first date?

It wouldn't be just a movie...I'm thinking we go eat something before or after depending on movie time...on first dates I usually keep it real short and never do movies..

we already know each other quite a bit
not doing the movie..it wouldn't be that big a deal but whatever, next time I guess
quick lunch date it is then, THANKS

Most Helpful Guy

• Regardless of how long you have known each other, it's still a first date, and you're still trying to get to know each other on a romantic level. I wouldn't do a movie for the first date; I think bowling or mini-golf would be a better idea.

• [only allowed 3 updates per week? wtf] anyway...Update: thanks for the replies...good to know, if I wanted to ask someone out it wouldn't be for a movie on the 1st date...i sorta knew that but now I'm sure of it...good to know for when I meet someone I really like

What Girls Said 4

• Have you thought of bowling? You two'll have too much fun too worry about being goofy plus you don't need to keep up the convo all the times. if afterward you still need to spend more time, you can always chill out at the bar for a drink or two.

• Well for the first date I don't recommend watching a movie, because you really want to know the girl first, finding out what she likes, what she doesn't like, what are her hobbies, what are her thoughts like, etc.

Movie is just sitting in the theater looking at the screen and not getting to know the person. do you want to get to know her or not?

But I don't suggest to watch a movie first, go eat!

• yea I know its not a good idea for a fisrt date but we already know each other quite a bit

• MOVIE it is! enjoy ;)

• @update It is the office chick you dog you! haaha

• Is this the girl at the office?

• what office? o.O

• YES! me too!...i like your enthusiasm

• Y thank you good sir! Haha : )

What Guys Said 2

• Personally, I never think a movie is a good idea. When I go on a date with someone, I want to connect with them on a deeper level because I'm genuinely interested in them. I want to get to know them and talk.

• Movies suck for first dates... No talking for long periods of time. There is a disconnect. If you want to build that chemistry and tension, you need to talk to her and interact with her. Pick something else. What you are looking at is like a 4 hour date with very long conversation with no break at the meal (which can be hard if she is shy), and then no communication for 2 hours, which can leave distance. Do something fun and hands on. Go to the zoo. Check out the animals, go to the petting zoo, ride an elephant together or something. That get things started on the right foot. Movies while common first dates, are horrible first dates.