Would you ever meet someone that you met online?

Would you be willing to meet a total stranger, or would you feel more comfortable meeting someone you don't know but have mutual friends with?

Most Helpful Guy

• How can this person be a total stranger if you've met online?

You can get to know the person better through texting, emailing and Instant messages than by a 'blind date' or a mutual friends gathering.

Having that technology to connect AND filter boosts people's hopes AND expectations. Even more so than a friend talking about his or her friend that wants to meet you.

I have met 2 people that I met on-line to success and am hoping for a third and MORE! As my mutual friend pool is shrinking rapidly, as they overlap too much. ;)

What Guys Said 36

• Well sure. No reason not to, I suppose. I don't imagine that'll be happening on GAG though, 'cause.. there aren't many users in Idaho, and I doubt there are very many more in Eastern Washington.

• Yeah I would. I don't really seem anything wrong with it unless you only talked to them once or twice.

• Yes I would, nothing wrong with that, I am sure a lot of them are as hot as they say they are and the pictures that they have of them as profile pictures cough cough...

• Yes, I've met in person with people I've met online. I know people who met their spouse that way. It is just another way to meet people, and far easier than going up to strangers in public places. Sure, you may not know anything about them but what do you know about people you meet out in life other than what they look like?

• No you don't know them for real. It is creepy

• Sure if you get to know them well first. As for people you are mutual friends with, that barely means anything, and you don't know them at all so there's not much sense of familiarity there...

• If I ever meet someone it's going to have to be off a dating site, even though I haven't tried it yet. There is quite simply no other way I'm going to meet anyone.

• Ye, why not if I knew what they look liked

Wouldnt it be weird / cool if Girls asked Guys had a convention thingy where every one could go and say hi...walk round with a name tag with your user name on it :)

• id have to know them for a while and probably wanna see them on chat to confirm they are who they say they r. And meet in public

• Yeah, I met a lot of girls online. They were steagers at first but through texting and talking on the phone. I get to know them

• I would meet you! *whistles*

• Yes but only after we've known each other for a while and talked on cam. You never really know if a person's pics are real or not, so it's better to be sure they're not lying about who they are before meeting.

• one girl let me get in her car and I was like woooh this chicks gonna kill me driving or she has a knife or tazer and she was there thinkin same thing about me. awesome eh! cool night dancing then never hung again. Waste of time!~

• did it once...

• I've met with someone that I met online before- she was actually quite beautiful, but she was a f***ing bitch, I just got up and left 30 minutes into it. Probably won't do that again

• I would meet them but only if we have been talking for a little while. I wouldn't meet up with someone I've only messaged once or twice.

• That's how I met my ex. Been together for 3 years.

• I would for sure prefer a mutual friend. But I'm not completely against meeting someone that I met online. Much easier for a guy to say than a girl I think.

• It's been discussed before with a friend I had on here a few years back, but it never happened. Eventually, I lost contact with her as a whole. Today? Well, if they would want to meet me, then I'd be up for it.

• Nah thanks, I'll pass

• Yup, I would be willing

• Yes I would ;)

• yeah, I've done it many times..

• No way. The complete opposite to who I was talking to could show up if you get my drift. lol

• yeah

• Sure :P

• Sure I'd meet them. And I donKt have friends so I guess everyone I meet is a stranger.

• I wouldn't mind it

• I do it all the time.

• I want to sleep with you

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 29

• Someone who is a total stranger and I have no real proof of their existence other than on the computer? Probably not. But I wouldn't turn down the chance to meet someone interesting who has mutual friends.

• I have, once. He wasn't a total stranger though, we've been talking on the phone for a few weeks & messaging each other as well and I only I agreed to meet him when I felt totally comfortable that I wasn't going to put myself in danger. I've never put too much stock in meeting people over the net & thought that meeting people organically was always the best way to go but I thought what the hell & ended up being in the best relationship I've ever had. We're still together & I still can't believe I met him in a chatroom lol

• I was friends with this guy in my area online for about 4 yrs. We met and became lovers. That man is now my husband <3

• I wouldn't feel too comfortable with either of those options if I didn't talk to them for awhile first. But if I got the chance to talk to him for a bit before meeting him then that's fine, and I've done it before. Just be careful though, because a lot of people are very different in person than they are online.

• Yeah- I'd meet them. You'd have a bit more background typically than just meeting a total stranger in person at random.

Also my dad met his fiance this way. There were defiantly some serious misses before he met her...But they're absolutely great for each other. Totally worked for them.

• Yep, in fact that's how I met my boyfriend, and we've been together for nearly three years :)

• Yup. Have met several guys and we usually meet in a public place. Most of them I talked/texted with several times before the actual meet up so it wasn't really awkward.

• yes, I would. :) there's this one guy on GaG that I wish I could meet. but he lives pretty far away.

although, I'd never randomly meet someone online, and go into their house right away.

you never know if they're a serial killer, or some kind of murderer.

:)

• It depends on how well I knew them and how much I trusted them. Preferably, I wouldn't want to meet them alone.

• Yes. I'll be meeting an old friend next summer

• Possibly if I had been talking to them for a while.

Definitely not right away.

• Yes, after speaking for a long while

• probably not, but idk.

• I would meet them but only if I can bring a friend along and it's in a cafe during the day... can't be too careful

• depending how well I knew them and I would meet them in public

• No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

• Maybe.

• no not likely

• Yeah , I think it would be cool to meet some of my internet friends.

• No, I wouldn't

• No

• Yes, but only after getting to know him well through chatting/phone calls/ texting/ect... seeing how hereact to some situations on that level first will make me more comfortable with meeting him in person.

• If it's in a place with lots of people, why not? In his house or in a secluded place, nah.

• I plan on meeting some of my friends here in the coming years, if I'm lucky. :)

I consider them as real-life friends, not online buddies, I love them :)

• Hopefully you'll remember us by then. :-P

• I've never had the pleasure of meeting any on-line friends. Hopefully I'm one of the lucky few :)

• Ofcourse you are :)

• No.

• YES!

• I have done it. It's no big deal.

• Yeah. I've been talking to a girl I met here almost a year ago, and we're really good friends now. She's like an online bff lol. I'd meet her, but she lives far away from where I live. We're friends on Facebook though :)

• Yes. I might be meeting someone I've been talking to on here for almost a year within the next few months. We will see. :)