Best way to approach a girl on a online dating site?

I've had some really cute girls add me on Facebook and an online dating site and I really want to get to know them.. but every time I do, the conversation dies.. for example it'll be like this, "Hi" "Hi" "How're you?" " Good, you?" "good" end of conversation.. I was just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas/topics to talk about to try and keep things interesting other then "Hi, how're you?"

- Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would get to the point. tell them you think they look cute, or good and asj them if they would like to go on a date with you and maybe suggest coffee or drink, lunch or dinner so they have an alternative suggestion if a drink is too much for a first date. Or a walk somewhere is nice too. On dating sites this is how I have approached men and it works for me. If they want to get to know you better first, ask about their interests, favorite music, films, food etc. Good luck! x

What Girls Said 1

• stop talking to them online and ask them out in real life

What Guys Said 1

• Don't. Online dating. Why? It seems like such a waste of money compared to what one typically gets in return.