When a girl replies like this?

It seems like every time I text or email this one girl she replies a day later. but I talked to one of her friends and they say she replied to them the same day. What is her time table for replying to me mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can mean any number of things, I wouldn't read into it. Consider that texts, like email, are a convenient way to relay a message without the expectation of an immediate response. Sometimes people text with multiple people at once for an extended period of time, resulting in near-instantaneous returns. Other times they're busy and don't check it for a few hours, a night or an entire day.

I've recently begun texting a bit more, as someone I know got a cell phone a few days ago. It was slow going at first (she didn't know how to turn on Vibrate, so she'd only realize she got a message when she clicked the button on her phone) but now that she's mastered it.. pretty quick responses. But we're also both studying for midterms, so an hour or two can go between messages if we're concentrating. It'd be silly to take it personally.

In the past I used email heavily to correspond with long-distance friends and acquaintances. They often lives several states (or time zones/countries/continents) away, not to mention the fact that we all had our own lives. Sometimes I'd wait an hour. Other times a day, a week, even months. But I've been talking to some of these people for more than a decade, learning about their countries and worldviews. Traveling without leaving my chair. I try not to stress about waiting.

Again, I caution you not to read too much into her texting schedule. Not only can you not assume that she's ignoring you just because she doesn't reply immediately, but the text medium is notoriously unreliable when it comes to attempting to derive meaning from communication. Face-to-face is best. If you're convinced that she's purposefully avoiding you, ask her. In person.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think you should read too much into it. How does she act in person towards you? Does she try to talk to you and get your attention? That's what matters the most. It depends on how good of a friend she is with the other friend that she's texting back right away. If they're good friends then she probably just feels more obligated to text them back quicker than she does everyone else. She could also be trying to play hard to get and thinks that this is a good way to do, its not the best strategy honestly.

• she doesn't like you. she's trying to avoid you without hurting your feelings. that's all. <- this is the real answer now I don't want to sugar coat anything. the faster you get over her the better it's going to be. :) I had to deal with this for 3 years. and I have many girl friends who do this. sorry hun

What Guys Said 2

• Iv been wondering that myself, and the only thing that I can think of from personal experience is when this meh girl got my number some how and she texted me and I didn't want to be a d*** so I texted back every few hours or not at all after a few weeks she got the hint. So I don't know if its like your situation but it might be what's happening.

• idk it depends on how she talks to you when she texts you back