Do women always want men to write the first message in online dating?

Kinda like how the expectations are of us in real life to make the first move. Understand it is my role as a guy to grow a pair and approach the girl and make the first move in real life but does this principle apply in online dating as well? I don't get messages from girls in online sites.

Maybe I need to spice up my profile or send out more messages and not get discouraged if no one responds, even though I do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't get discouraged! Yes women like the man to be the initiator as women like the attention :) you messaging first will show that you have an interest as it would face to face...

What is your problem with this dating site? Do you send messages and get no reply's? Or are you always the first to initiate interaction?

• I write messages and get no replies. I don't receive any wither which is more expected due to gender roles. The thing with me is that if I put time into something (or anything) and I don't see results or feedback of any kind (including job applications and emails to distant friends who I've lost contact with, messages in dating sites), it gets tedious and I feel like I'm wasting time.

• Hmmm well I don't know how these dating sites work...

And maybe its the site that your using or what you may be looking for in a relationship opposes to ehat the women want...

Also do you have a profile picture? Women respond more when provided with images (meaning more than 1) and maybe come out of your comfort zone and try different approaches to initiating conversation..you are on the net and not face to face so relax a little an let some boundaries go :) your only very young mr anonymous :)

What Girls Said 14

• No . It gets annoying sometimes and the inboxes Are filled

• For me this is true, I always want the guys to make the first moves

• At first we do want the guy to make the first move. Some of us would make the first move but could be hesitant about it to approach one another. I know I get a little nervous about making the first move on a guy. But come on who doesn't get nervous just even a little? So your answer can go either way, yes we do and no we would make the first move just to get it out the way and the nervousness over with

• Although there r few women who initiates the conversation with men, most women prefer men to be the first one to message her.

• Think so..

• I think it depends a lot on the person, but I find it really hard to text first, so I get happy when he does.

• Yes! Because we don't know if we're bothering you!

• Yes even if your dating or meating alway talk and text first it makes it wired for iss braise we don't know what you want to talk about

• Always be thinking of them but don't get obsessed so like you start one! Then let her start one

• Be brave. Not a lot of girls pay attention to the guy who just sits back and waits. Sometimes we want you to message us first time sometimes we don't

• Not always but that's usually how it works

• Yes because i dont want them think that im aggresive or whatever

• Yes, the expectations still apply online. Girls want a guy who is assertive and confident and personally I think making the first move is how you show that.

• Most girls DO wait for guys to approach on dating sites!

What Guys Said 1