Should we date before he leaves for the Marines??

My friend A is leaving for the Marines in June, and he was really upset the other night and I asked him if he wanted to go on my nightly walk with me and talk about it, when we got to talking he completely opened up witch he won't even do with his best friend. he told me how scared he is to leave and that he's so sick of being single, and how he just wants a true honest person he can trust with anything to be by his side before he leaves and will still be there when he gets back, then when we both got to our own homes. he texted me and said J I know we Haven't know each other for more than a month but can I tell you something. and I said sure

he then texted me saying this "J I really trust you, you know I have been cheated on by everyone and I know you have been too, but I feel like I can trust you and tel you everything and I don't know why I feel so comfortable with you, I want to date you but I'm leaving soon, and I want us to reaaaaally get to know each other first what do you think?"

So I said I don't know what to think or do, lets talk about this tomorrow.

So please help me, should I go with it and get to know him and date him even though he's leaving in June? or should I not even mess with it? and do you think he's actually into me?

HELP

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• That all depends on you. Long-distance relationships of any kind are kind of a selective thing. Do you think you’d be up for that?

He’s definitely into you. What he’s asking of you is a lot different than the “let’s hook up” you might get from other guys. He’s ligit in trusting you, and he wants you to trust him. But are you able to hold onto feelings for someone who is absent, or is that difficult for you?

If you’re unsure, tell him, because he’s being honest with you. There’s nothing wrong with spending time now to get to know him, because you never know, he could give you the world for all you know at this point. Then again, you might lose interest. And if this happens, tell him. Do not go into this if you have impending doubts, but feel free to give it a shot at this point. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work, but you only get out of things what you put into them.

Good luck!

• June? You have a while then.. Do you want to fall in love with him just to wait anxiously for him to come home years from now? Or do you not want that path in life?

Why is he taking so long to deploy? :S