I am 16 and I haven't even had my first kiss yet?

So I am 16, and I find a lot of guys attractive at my school but I rarely talk to them. It's not like I am scared, but known of them come up to me. I don't think I am like super weird or ugly.. but I don't know what's wrong with me. Most of my friends have had like multiple boyfriends already and I feel really stupid. Is it because I play volleyball and I am like 5'7 and too tall for guys or something? I just had my second homecoming and I never got asked to dance or anything... ahhh please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• you're just 16! so young, you've got plenty of time to experience all that :) most of my friends had boyfriends earlier than I did. at the time, it did bother me a little, but now, I'm glad things happened the way they did and that I met the people I had to meet at my own pace. trust me, you'll get your kiss sooner than you think :p also, playing volleyball and being that height don't detract from you. volleyball is hot sport and your height is fine. don't worry about it so much :)

What Guys Said 1

• 1 you may be taller then some of the boys and being in a sport they may assume you already have boy friend. Being 16 and not have kissed a guy is not wrong or weird at all. Guys at 16 may not be as mature as you are at 16. Girls generally mature before boys but there usually not far behind so this may have something to do with it. There's noting saying you can't go talk to these boys and maybe this will be enough for them to actually pay attention to you. As guys were not given the ability to read a girls mind. Not saying you have to do the asking if you don't like but they need to know you have some interest in them. As for as the kiss goes you'll have it when the right guy / special moment happens it's not something you just force just because so don't make a big deal of it.

• Yeah you're right, thanks! Its just hard to know what the guys are thinking when I talk to them. I don't want to come off awkward.

What Girls Said 1

• are you kidding? I didn't have my first kiss till I was almost 20. And I'm really glad. Know why? Because the relations I've had with guys and my current relationship are mature. None of that high school bs where emotions run high and social image is huge and no one wants to take things seriously or maturely. You just said it, your friends have had multiple boyfriends. Meaning they have to go through all the ups and downs and breakups, etc. I've watched it happen many times and I want to have as little experience with that as possible. You'll find a good, mature guy who really likes you for you, and you'll be glad you didn't mess around with the earlier stuff :) Just my opinion!