Rules on texting the opposite sex?

Not to sound stuck up, but I'm one of those girls who waits for the guy to make the first move. If things are good, and all of a sudden the guy stops calling or texting me, I assume that he's not interested or has move on. I will not text or call him until he does so first. I am just old fashioned and believe if a guy truly cares about a girl, he will step up and be a man. Agree? Disagree? I want to hear your thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I am just old fashioned and believe if a guy truly cares about a girl, he will step up and be a man." - What does that even mean? If he initiated and asked for your number and texted you first, what more do you want? For him to do all the work? And couldn't the same be said of you, assuming he's done these things already? Personally if I were that guy I'd be thinking "If she really liked me, I wouldn't need to be doing all the work, I should be met halfway."

In my opinion, if I liked you and asked for your number, I'm gonna send you a text first obviously. I basically reciprocate the amount of activity I receive. For example, if she texts me back a one word text, I might not even text back. If she's lengthy, I might be inclined as to be so myself. Other than that, I don't believe there's a "who should text first rule." I kinda just see it like tag, if I text you I won't text you again until I get a response, however long that might be. If it's an ongoing thing that she just doesn't respond frequently, I just basically do the same thing. Obviously I'm not going to prioritize someone that is not going to prioritize me.

What Guys Said 7

• No. Not texting first just makes it seem as if you're not interested at all.

• Who? The girl? Or the guy? Well if the guy texts or calls and the girl answers or responds back, to me, that would seem like she's showing interest right? No interest would be not answering at all.

• Huh. I never saw it that way. I guess I just want a man. If he likes me enough. He'll text me. That's what he's just not that into says anyway. lol

• We assume the same thing.

• I think you need to send the first text or make the first call sometimes, to let him know you are thinking about him. Even if it's a simple "Hey! :)"

• i don't follow any rules. I just text when I feel like it. And if a girl texts first I don't think anything of it. It usually ends up being pretty equal though

• Anyone who wants should text first

• why is initiating part of being a man? where is your argument to back that up?

• Sometimes men are simply insecure so a woman aproaching them or calling them first would let them know that its OK and that they should try.

• my rule is: if a betch lets unwritten social rules run her life, then she's nothing more than a hit and quit

• U don't even know me. lol

• Nah. It's push come to shove. If you're interested show me some interest. I'll give it back once I know for sure. Make sense? You saying I'm useless is pathetic and cowardly in your manner. Plus, the fact you don't even have the balls to not be anonymous. Wow. How classy.

• yeah... because it takes balls to show a random name on the internet. exactly what would you do to me? if you're just a useless bish that waits around expecting everyone to prove themselves to her, I highly doubt you'll suddenly turn agressive when someone calls you what you are - a usleess bitch. I guess if that "the world has to prove itself to me" attitude worked, you wouldn't be on here lol

What Girls Said 2

• I often find myself in this rut as well. And as I've learned, in this day and age it doesn't matter who intiates it really. More than likely, th guy will not text you first, evn if he is interested because he doesn't want to seem pushy, needy, desperate, etc.

• I think any kind of relationships including friendships should always be two sided. In the beginning I let the guy call. If I do call it's one time and that's it. But as things progress I think it's fine to call the guy. Can't have him putting in all the effort. You wouldn't want him to make you put in all the effort. Goes both ways.