How many of you have started a realationship over the web?

How did it started and how did it ended? (IF it ended)

Did you already knew the girl/guy in person or you met her/him online?

How strong was your feelings for that person and what made you like her/him that much?

Most Helpful Girl

• its complicated haha

i answered a guy's question on here a couple months ago and we started chatting here and there every couple of weeks. I wasn't interested in him at the time but over time I got to know him (from talking to him, seeing his questions/answers/comments around this site) and I started crushing on him a little bit. and about two months ago we started talking regularly and about a month ago we both admitted liking each other :) (which I was totally surprised that he liked me) and its a little tough right now cause we both really like each other but we live so far apart and know that an actual relationship isn't possible. and we were just liking each other more and more each day, setting ourselves up for heartbreak. so we tried to end things, no contact, etc but that didn't last too long cause we missed talking to each other and its impossible to get him off my mind, especially since I enjoy coming onto GAG to ask/answer questions and I'd see his activity on the site or see that he was online at the moment too. we've talked things over and we don't really know what to do at this point...

• i've passed through the same situation as you but, in my case, we kind of rush things up and start web-dating before know each other for 1month and got things too strong too quickly...

well, at least it was that way for me...

• yeah, I know what you mean...he and I have an interesting relationship. and I think it may have moved too fast, but I'm completely inexperienced in relationships so I don't really know...

What Guys Said 3

• Been in two relationships that started that way. Both ended badly. There isn't a substitute for face to face chemistry. You may get lucky and the person you find on the web does have that chemistry with you, but more often than not it won't be there.

• I have met a lot of friends online and after we got to hang out I started a relationship with them. That's no different than being friends of a friend really. I'm single at the moment so it obviously ended. They just weren't the one and I don't regret dating them.

Usually one person feels more for the other. Sometimes it was me, sometimes it was the other woman. It just wasn't meant to be.

• Not yet. Lets see. I am awaiting for a relationship of that sort.

What Girls Said 2

• How many of you have started a relationship over the web? I have indeed.

How did it started and how did it ended? (IF it ended) It hasn't ended.

Did you already knew the girl/guy in person or you met her/him online? Nope!

How strong was your feelings for that person and what made you like her/him that much? Very strong. I like them because he allows the relationship to be mutual. It's not all about him. It's about both of us, and we accept each other for who we are, and we try to better one another. =)

• My past relationship, and the one I am currently in; I met them both on the web. (Myspace & POF).

My ex, he and I were together for almost three years. We started talking everyday, and we started really liking each other. Luckily, he was only about 10 miles away from me. But, It did end badly.. Especially after living together for almost 2 years. Tbh, I think we moved too fast.

The current relationship that I'm in we met in June, he wasn't the type of guy that I would normally be interested in. But, after we started talking, he actually hit it off pretty well. Although, he lived 800 miles from me, he was actually in the process of moving to the same city as me. We talked via text, phone, and email everyday for a month. Then, he finally moved to my city. As soon as I first saw him in person, I knew I had made the right decision in meeting him. We've been together ever since. We have our disagreements at times, but we both love each other unconditionally. =)