Why did he reply to my text like that?

He's not a big fan of texting because his answers are usually somewhat short and straight forward. Basically he doesn't write novels. I text him earlier and he replied about 3 hours later, even though he read it as soon as I sent him the text, with "ha thanks :p" and that kind of got me into a bad mood because he couldve tried harder I think. So anyway, my two questions are: since he replied 3 hours later, does this mean he was thinking about replying back? And, why did he reply that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls are terrible for this. "ha thanks :p" is the ending to a conversation. YOU were the one who didn't try hard enough. If you end a conversation, it's your responsibility to provide a follow-up, not his. He replied 3 hours later because he started a new conversation after the elapsed time.

• After reading the question over several times, I've realized that he ended the conversation. In this case, he wasn't interested in talking to you any further.

• You should ask yourself the reasons you would respond like this. If I was the one saying "Ha, thanks :P", I wouldn't want to talk to this person any further.

• Oh no I'm not referring to texting. I meant is he not interested in me because he likes/liked me.

What Guys Said 2

• So is it my understanding that he should reply immediately when he gets your text? That translates into being a little too available. Unless you two are in a long term relationship he may still have a life outside of you. That means during the day, he eats, sleeps, works/goes to school, takes bathroom breaks, and even has some R&R that doesn't involve you.

I personally miss the days when you would knock on the door when you wanted to talk to someone, but now that we have texting... we're expected to be on the minute with our conversations. Instead of getting mad over this instance and analyzing it to death, I'd be sure I wasn't texting him too much.

• if we knew what the text said it would be more helpful to get into his head... but he could have been trying to find the right thing to say, since it could be a delicate situation since you didn't want to put up the original text.

• I wished him a happy birthday

• no problem, I am not a fan of texting, but I do send my occasional novel, my replies are almost always less then five words. I try to be brief and to the point so that the conversation moves along with a decent speed like it would if I was on the phone

• that makes sense, I guess that's how some guys are. But I thought I bothered him or something texting him but you prove me wrong

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't sound like he's interested in talking with you, thus the short replies that cut off the conversation.