Is there a rule for a number of dates before sex?

is it cool at ask a guy you've been "seeing" where things are going before you take the next step? I really like this guy I have been seeing and things got pretty hot on our last date. But as much as I like him. We've only been out on a handful of dates but I've know him for 3 months and I am so new to dating I don't know how things go. Is there a rule for a number of dates before sex? I don't know. But I really like him, but I am no really into having sex with just anyone ( call me old fashioned) Can I ask him where this is going before I take that next step? is that a turn off? high maintenance? I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• yea you should ask him. Its not fair to you if he is just looking for some fun and you want a relationship

What Guys Said 2

• No, it's always OK to say what's on your mind. If you're afraid to tell him what you think , imagine what problems you are going to face as things get ore serious.

• There's nothing wrong with asking him that before you take the next step. There's no specific rule for how long to wait for physical intimacy, but in general, the longer you wait, the better your chances of having a long-term relationship will be.

What Girls Said 2

• You can ask anything you want. Do not be afraid to do so because it is your life, your relationship too. Do not have regrets & look back thinking "I wish I had had the courage to have said or asked this..." So go ahead, have the discussions, questions. If he doesn't like it, so be it. That will show you who he really is. Follow your gut instincts.

• I think it's a good thing for you to ask him where things are going/heading to. I don't think you would want to be with someone who's just looking for a fling or just a bit of fun and nothing serious.