Never been kissed, what the heck is wrong with me?

I am 16 years old and have not been kissed. People have told me by word of mouth that I am "hot" and yet I've never been kissed or had a boyfriend. I know it's because of my personality, but I'm not mean at all, I'm just really shy, until I get to know someone, and then I become friendly but never friendly enough to get a boyfriend I guess. I get super nervous when talking to guys I like, and I get awkward when I like them a lot. Any advice? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks so much! xxx

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't really expect guys to respond to you in such a way if you hide the fact that you're attracted to them in the first place can you?

If you want to overcome your shyness around guys you've gotta take baby steps and slowly expand your comfort zone by doing things that exceed it. No quick fixes out there for you. We're talking years of proactive efforts.

Don't have years? have a friend tell the guy you like that you like him... won't work when you're older but I remember it working when I was younger. Back in the day when we just wanted to be liked by anyone and didn't rally care if we liked them ourselves. I miss those simpler times.

What Guys Said 7

• It's natural. I get nervous too, and in fact... My first girlfriend was this year. I'm 16 as well. Even more, she kissed me first! o.O relationships happen differently for everybody.

I know girls that are very pretty, and do not have many boyfriends. I was curious about this as well, so I asked around a bit, and discovered that many guys like them, they just all view these girls with the "she's so high above me" attitude and don't think they're worthy of asking the girls out. (myself occasionally included ^.^) I hope this helps, just don't worry about it too much :)

• if you don't show them you are interested, they will not kiss you. its that easy. You can try to overcome your shyness by hanging out with friends ( guys too ). Maybe you are just not used to be with guys. Just hang out with them and if you show guys you're interested in them, they will ask you out. Don't hesitate if nothing happens, maybe it will take some dates until he has enough courage to make a move, but after a few dates with different guys, I'm pretty sure you will beginn to lose your shyness.

Try to be aproachable!

• No that's not weird. I knew plenty of people who were in your situation and stayed into it until they were 20. If you want to kiss someone or have a boyfriend you just have to throw yourself out there.

• your under 16 you have plenty of time to have your first kiss. I didn't get my first kiss until I was 24

• That is pretty unusual for a female. Maybe you just need to get out there more? Practice makes perfect, as they say.

• Like you said, you are too shyness. Kill your shyness if you really want a kiss but I'd suggest for you to be patient. A lot of girls end up making out with certain guys or having sex with certain guys and later end up regretting. Anyways I'm 24 and still haven't kissed a girl yet.

• that you are 24 and never kissed doesn't make you the best answerer.

• I didn't even set a best answer

• I never even said my answer's the best one.

• Your best days are still ahead of you:)

What Girls Said 3

• Guys like outgoing, confident girls who are okay with making the first move (something I need to work on haha). As for your age, you have plenty of time to get your first kiss. I'm 19 and I have more than a few friends my age who haven't had a boyfriend. :)

• Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with you at all! You're only 16! You have lots and lots of time. Don't rush it. If it makes you feel any better, I'm 27 and have never been kissed. So, I suppose, there may really be something wrong with me...lol...

• Just keep your head up. Try and cut back the shyness and be yourself relax. Things will end up falling into place.