Syntax and diction when dealing with women?

Yes, I know that the title was unnecessary, but I just want to ask a quick question. I met this girl last weekend and I've been texting her. She seems cool and I just told her, "I want to take you out this weekend if you're not busy!" Was that too forward and up front. Should I just have asked her if she wanted to hang out this weekend? Just asking for future reference.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I want to" is good diction. Generally, I think being upfront and forward about what you want is a good thing because it shows that you are confident and you know what you want.

The "if you're not busy" is a bit submissive but cordial. I know why you put it there but it was unnecessary because if she was going to be busy this weekend, she would have told you so herself.

What Girls Said 1

• nothing wrong with that at all.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it depends from girl to girl, but I probably would have asked the second one just to play safe. But if you're more of an extroverted person the first could work perfectly well as well, It's much more straight to the point and some women like that others don't. ;)

• It's fine, but

I don't know why the exclamation point was necessary!