Guys, are you less likely to want a really attractive girl as your girlfriend?

I don't know what it is, but I've noticed that many of the less attractive girls I know, and what not, always seem to have boyfriends that treat them like a princess.

I've always been told I'm "beautiful" and should be a model, and I've never let that get in the way of my personality. I'm extremley personable, get along with everyone, and most people that meet me love me. I have had two boyfriends both of which use to get mad when we would go out since many guys would constantly be looking at me.

Yet I feel like guys just see me as a pretty face, and have only a goal of trying to get in my pants from the get go, and never actaully give it a chance to make it something more.

So guys how do you feel about this, would you second think about going out with a girl whos more attractive then your girl next door?

Most Helpful Guy

• For your first answer, the girls that aren't as attractive, have boyfriends because their boyfriends value them. They've learned to put looks above personality. As for you, some guys would be so focused on your looks when they see you, probably all the time, they are too frightened by your looks. They feel like maybe they don't see themselves worthy of you, so they don't even bother to get to know the girl behind her body. They just can't bring themselves to come to you, leaving them on the sidelines, only getting glances at you as you know. They might see you as coming with such a high price tag they don't bother. That's why some guys (like the ones you've noticed, with the not as attractive girls) go for a cute girl with a good personality. Not that you don't have a good personality, but again, they feel like you are on a different level than them, so they don't give themselves the chance to know you. Hope I helped, let me know! =) Good luck!

• Blake is 2000% right. Trust this guy. That'e exactly what's happening to you and it happens all the time. The only way to deal with it is becoming more approachable. If you just try to ignore guys outside your group and not so popular/good looking/rich then you would face this problem all the time.

• I got to admit it, Blake. You really have something here. I want to thank you, and all the other guys who think like you for making it so easy for me to score on those pretty girls. Keep on doing what you do, dude, and keep settling for the rest of your life. That will keep the field fresh with prime game for players such as myself. To think that a guy like you would simply walk right by a beautiful woman without even saying hi because you feel inferior sure does say a lot about who you are.

• Notice all these comments are from guys. Pathetic guys, that is. And, just for the record, Blake, guys who don't have attractive boyfriends just settle because they are crippled by insecurities.

What Guys Said 21

• Wow! You are so modest.

Give me a break, OK? I date all kinds of "beautiful" women. To me, they aren't that hot when it comes to personality, though. Looks aren't everything.

And to think that guys just want to get in your pants because you may have a pretty face? You really are delusional. Most guys would kill to date a beautiful woman. The problem being? Most guys don't know how to handle beautiful women. They are intimidated by them. Why? Because beautiful women know they are beautiful, and have to be treated a special way. And that way is for a man to forget about her looks and to play it cool. Just treat her like any other girl.

Here's the real test. How many times a day do you get hit on by men? If you don't say at least eight to 10 times, then you are not that beautiful. Gorgeous women are constantly hit on by men -- always. So, if you are as beautiful as you say, then you have the power to choose the man you want. Start dating. Forget about relationships. That will come in time. For now, play the field and find that guy who will treat you like a woman and not just another pretty face. Find a guy who isn't alwasy jealous, because that guy is very insecure and not confident.

• For me the short answer to your question is yes.

Attractive women are often perceived as high-maintenance, spoiled, dumb, more likely to cheat, etc. This cliche's certainly not true in all cases (I've known some very pretty women who were intelligent, kind and easygoing). But I think there's some truth to it. Especially when women are younger and realizing the sway they can have over men.

So If I had to choose between a gorgeous 10 who was a complete hassle, or a cute 7 who was much easier and fun to be with, I'd take the 7 if I was looking for a long-term relationship. It doesn't matter how someone looks if they're a pain in the neck on a day-to-day basis.

• Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. Some people can look at a girl who is blond, fit, has voluptuous curves, and wears high heels a mini skirt and a tight fitting tank top, and think she is attractive. But if she has an attitude problem, I'll look the other way. And superficiality also plays a role in deciding which girls are attractive and which ones are not. I am not saying that girls should not wear curvy outfits, but I am saying if a girl wears an outfit that says "look at me I'm an attention whore!" then I'll pass.

Girls with a pleasant attitude who are not superficial are actually really attractive. An they are the ones who know what a good man is, and good men know who they are. A girl's attitude makes her more beautiful that she or you might know. The phrase "beauty is a reflection of how you feel in the inside," is actually quite true. A girl can be a 10 when she doesn't even realize it. And a girl who thinks she's a 10 can actually be much less than 10 if she asks me.

• actually, men are intimadated by attractive women, shy nice guy presume that these women are so hot, they have to already be spoken for.

in some cases, when we do work up the courage to approach a woman, she gets defensive or prudish, with the explaination that she is always being hit on by men, and she is tired of the attention. at which point, men are discouraged from EVER approaching attractive women ever, for fear that she will feel harassed.

my advice, get off yer ass and start asking men out!

• See that's the problem, most guys want the girl of their dreams, but they give up and settle for whatever comes along, it's good if he's actually attracted to her and have a good relationship sure nothing wrong with that, but what I am saying is they simply give up and basically say ok this will do, which is one reason why you women see an attractive dude with an ugly girl and go what how did she get him she's not even that pretty, I am way prettier then her and I can't find a decent bf. I am telling ya it's because guys will settle with what they get and most of time it's not what they want.

• a VERY interesting study came out recently stating this: in a relationship where the female is "hotter", it is more likely to last. why? because the guy will do what it takes to make the relationship work. on the other hand, when the man is more attractive, HE will always be out looking (subconsciously) for the next best thing and will not work as hard in the relationship.

• yep I've been here too I use to get so nervious around really pretty girls so bad id studder if I tried to take to them.Its very intemadating, But your bfs was jellous and nobody can put up with that.It to bad you can't find a GOOD man one who treats you lke the princess. and wouldn't get jellous. this will olny come from a good strong man only when he knows for sure that you want, love and need him as much as he needs you.I hope that you find him.

what else do you have to offer? Are you smart? sexy? are you funny? did your bfs trust you ? I think I could trust a lady like you but it couldn't be based just on your looks, how can you trust somebody you don't really know eh? Real trust takes a long time to aquire. Just like true love it take time and hard work and most pppl won't put eather into it. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck. maybe they was just insercure about them selfs and its not you ay all

• I'm a guy and I've been asked to model many times...I've never had a gf, but for the most part I think girls just stare and giggle...sorta like guys do with you. It does suck. Most guys are probably just intimidated by you and don't have the confidence to confront you. You need to keep doing what your doing and do not let stupid things like this get you down. I personally think that the people that get along with everyone are special. They have no allegiances, or cliques...their themselves for a reason. Be humble about it, but stay confident. You need to look for values as well.

its a complex situation, but I'd def date a girl like this cause guess what I'd say to all the other guys staring..."Oh hey what's up boys...looks likes she's with me." lol Good Luck.

• You're attractive and you have personality.. NEVER CHANGE THAT. Be yourself!..

Eventually you will no doubt meet guy who treats you like a princess.

• for me its all personality..but some gys are just jackels and all they want is sex.

it depends also who you hang around with.

becase if you think all the guys intrested in you are asses,

then maybe you should somewhere else, somewhere you wouldn't normally look and theier will be your prince charming =]

• No, because I'm not insecure it would make me feel good having guys looking at my girlfriend I would know she's with me not them.

• No, I would never go for a girl that isn't attractive. I want personality and looks. The first thing that attracts me is a girls looks. If she's beautiful then yes, I will find out more about her like her personality, morals, who she is, etc.

• Depends on her personality. Looks mean nothing to me as long as she's clean.

• a friend of mine is blind, she has dated guys her friends have said are ugly. but she says those guys have treated very well. explain how can someone be in love with someone and now know what they look like at all. it's how you're treated. the looks are what GOD gave us to keep reproducing. first attraction, little little tieny factor

• ive said this millions of times, all ya gotta do is tone it down a bit, we may like to look at the really good looking ones, but its the ones that have just enough that we approach, so just tone it down, and ull be able to get more guys to approach you, I promise you

• What do you mean by "tone it down"?

• Well there's a difference between being slutty and cute

would you rather be slutty and toned up, or cute and toned down

guys are more likely to approach a girl they feel they have a shot with, ya know?

• Yes I think that is very true , I'm a good looking guy and have no problem getting the hot girls , but it comes with a big price , you always have to watch your back . It has always caused me problems , my girlfriend know is hot but not so hot it causes a problem .. TIp don't wear sluty clothes or t*ts pushed to the ski guys just like to look but never more then a 1 night hot f***

• wow that's something new!? the way I see it dress attractive get your dream guy and then keep it on the down low with looking "hot" for the rest of the day so only your boyfriend will know your the beautifull one and not other guys getting their gutter cloged up if you know what I mean I know its nice dressing up for them just be yourslef and don't over do it...peace :P

• Hell no...I would love to be married to a Goddess...but when guys see a really beautiful woman...only one thing happens...the little head starts to think...unfortunately,...it can't even conceive of the long-term

• I just wouldn't ask you out because I wouldn't figure I had a chance. Assuming you are as pretty as you say.

• I don't care about looks.

• id say theyre losing out

but @same time do you let yourself be overwhelmed by ur own beauty?

What Girls Said 0